X-10 Event Control (X10EC) is a DOS character-based application that
deploys a user friendly "point & click" interface which allows the
user to easily schedule events with the X-10 CP290 Computer
Interface. X10EC replaces the X10.EXE OEM DOS program that is supplied with the
CP290 Computer Interface and improves upon a significant number of
limitations associated with the OEM program, specifically:
- Clumsy FUNCTION key driven Interface - no mouse support
- EVENTS once scheduled cannot be modified.
- DEVICES once INSTALL'd cannot be renamed or modified.
- No facility to view/scroll or sort a complete listing of EVENTS.
- No control over CP290 Uploads/Downloads
- EVENTS are tightly coupled with the X10.DAT file; loading the wrong
X10.DAT file can have unpredictable results
- ICON Storage area is not utilized
- No support for Sunrise/Sunset Relative Times
- No support for Undocumented CP290 Commands
- No support for Last Upload Date/Time
A Windows version, X10WC (X-10 Windows Control), is also available.
For more information about X-10...[X-10 U.S.A ]
Read Dave's Home Toys review of his X10 software.
- MS-DOS Version 3.3 or above
- Serial Port
- X-10 CP290 Computer Interface
- Supports Standard CommPorts 1 thru 4 and a User Defined Commport that can
support any IRQ between 1 & 15 (inclusive) and any Base I/O Address.
- 5 Undocumented CP290 Commands:
- Fade Off
- Dims Light(s) to 0 then turns Unit(s) Off
- Exclusive Bright Light
- Issues an All Lights OFF Command then Brightens selected Unit(s); this
CP290 macro can be used to incrementally brighten Lamp Modules that do not
respond to an All Lights OFF command.
- All Lights ON
- All Lights on selected House Code set ON.
- All Lights OFF
- All Lights on selected House Code set OFF.
- All Units OFF
- All Units on selected House Code set ON.
- Supports X10.DAT file format (used by the X10.EXE OEM DOS Program).
- Relative Event Times (Events can be scheduled for Sunrise/Sunset times
with +/- Offsets) [Daylight Savings Time can optionally be observed].
- Stores all Event information including Sunrise/Sunset Offsets plus Last
Update/Date Time within the CP290.
- Optionally synchronizes CP290 or PC Clock upon Event Upload; also supports
an On Demand explicit Set/Synchronize Clock features .
- Events can be sorted using one of 3 sort criterium.
- 'Intelligent Edit' (referential integrity) automatically updates applicable
Events when a Device House/Unit address is modified.
- Merge Device Descriptions and/or Events from any number of X10.DAT files
into a single X10.DAT file.
- Batch Mode Processing is supported to recycle Sunrise/Sunset Times, or to
simply upload a new event file to the CP290.
X10EC v1.30 (Shareware Version)]
What's New (Version 1.30)
- X10EC Version 1.30 Changes
- Added pop-up X-10 Direct Command Pad that enables X-10 Commands
(including undocumented CP290 Commands) to be sent to devices in
the DEVICES Listbox; right clicking the selected DEVICE pops up the
- Added RECYCLE Process Bypass feature that allows the user to bypass
a pending RECYCLE by pressing the Esc key.
- Added support for Right Click Event Edit
- Updated Author E-Mail Address
- XDC Version 1.10 Changes
- Added Clock Synchronization support; the CP290 Clock can be
synchronized to the PC Clock or the converse by using command line
arguments or commands embedded within an X-10 Command file that is
processed with the /F: command line argument.
X10EC - X-10 Event Control ©1993-1997 D.Huras