X-10 Direct Control (X10DC) is a DOS character-based application that
deploys a user friendly "point & click" interface which allows the
user to easily send direct commands to the X-10 CP290 Computer
Interface. X10DC complements X10EC (X-10 Event Control)
and offers a variety of diagnostic utilities.
For more information about X-10...[X-10 U.S.A]
Read Dave's Home Toys review of his X10 software.
- MS-DOS Version 3.3 or above
- Serial Port
- X-10 CP290 Computer Interface
- Supports Standard CommPorts 1 thru 4 and a User Defined Commport that can
support any IRQ between 1 & 15 (inclusive) and any Base I/O Address.
- 5 Undocumented CP290 Commands:
- Fade Off
- Dims Light(s) to 0 then turns Unit(s) Off
- Exclusive Bright Light
- Issues an All Lights OFF Command then Brightens selected Unit(s); this
CP290 macro can be used to incrementally brighten Lamp Modules that do not
respond to an All Lights OFF command.
- All Lights ON
- All Lights on selected House Code set ON.
- All Lights OFF
- All Lights on selected House Code set OFF.
- All Units OFF
- All Units on selected House Code set ON.
- Supports X10.DAT file format (used by the X10.EXE OEM DOS Program).
- Acknowledgements sent from the CP290 (after receiving
commands from the program) are monitored and checksums are verified.
- A scollable Command History is available for browsing
while the program is running.
- A software based Signal Test Generator is available to assist
in identifying and isolating X-10 transmission/reception problems.
- A Debug Mode is available which reports all data sent from the CP290
as well as timing information.
- Transmission Logging facility that captures CP290 Command echoes
to a scrollable list that can be printed.
- A CP290 Self Test with Event Preservation is supported.
- Clock Synchronization function for the CP290 and PC.
- Change Base HouseCode with Event Preservation is supported.
X10DC v1.65 (Shareware Version)]
What's New (Version 1.65)
- X10DC Version 1.65 Changes
- Updated X-LIGHT Command Processing so that Brightness Level inversion
is not required; Incremental Brightening section added to documentation
and HELP file.
- Updated Author E-Mail Address
- XDC Version 1.10 Changes
- Added Clock Synchronization support; the CP290 Clock can be
synchronized to the PC Clock or the converse by using command line
arguments or commands embedded within an X-10 Command file that is
processed with the /F: command line argument.
X10DC - X-10 Direct Control ©1993-1997 D.Huras