JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Onkyo receiver power on/off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerrynmn1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Onkyo receiver power on/off Reply with quote

I have been using a very user friendly universal sony remote control model RM-V40A-It controls my home theatre systems various components-ie- TV, satellite receiver, dvd.vcr etc-no problems and it is simple to use and program-I just bought a new Onkyo A/V receiver model TX-SR701-The Onkyo remote control that comes with it is bulky and not user friendly to program and to use (the onkyo remote does turn the receiver on and off)-My above sony remote works everything perfectly( I am using code 033 for onkyo from the sony remote code for onkyo receivers) on the new Onkyo receiver except it will not turn the receiver off -When I try to turn the receiver off the red standby/off light on the onkyo flashes whenever I try to turn it off with the sony remote-

1) Is there any way or other codes to get my sony remote to power off the onkyo receiver? Why is there a problem? How can I fix it?
2) I don't want to end up having to use 2 remotes (the onkyo remote for power off and the sony for all other functions)-If there is no way to get the sony remote to work-what suggestions are there for a simple , user friendly (one ) remote to operate the onkyo on/off power, its functions and all my other components and their functions?

Thank you for any help-Jerry
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the JP1 forum. We only deal with JP1 remotes. Unless somebody else is using that same Sony model, I don't think anyone here is going to be able to help you with codes, etc. Have you tried Sony tech support?

If you want suggestions on a JP1 remote, the current favorites seem to be the RadioShack 15-2116 or 15-2117 (with RF command center), and the OFA URC-8811 (a.k.a. URC-8810w available for < $20 at most Wal-Marts). Now, these remotes we know a thing or 2 about! Wink
wwwoholic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Onkyo receiver power on/off Reply with quote

jerrynmn1 wrote:
... except it will not turn the receiver off -When I try to turn the receiver off the red standby/off light on the onkyo flashes whenever I try to turn it off

My guess is that when guys at Sony were preparing keymaps for built-in devices they assigned "Power ON" code to "Power" button on the remote. They just haven't had any button to put "Power OFF" code. And Onkyo 701 probably does not have toggled power code. You can verify this by repeatedly pressing "ON" button on OEM remote. The light on the receiver should flash as well, indicating that it is receiving "valid" code.

If your Sony is a learning remote you can try to learn "OFF" signal to any unused button. That is what I did (on 15-2116 Laughing !!!) before discovering the wonders of JP1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: