JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC9960 Kameleon BETA Extender 1 & 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenyarnall wrote:
BTW, let me make sure of something. Suppose kamy.txt is my ir file for the extender 2, beta 1. I then download beta 2. I can install it by

extinstall 9960ex2.hex kamy.txt kamy-new.txt

Right?
Assuming that the input file, s3c8asm.exe, and the 2 RDF's are in the same directory it should work fine.

Maybe I am wrong on the pvr_vod button. Maybe it is dead in the HT mode. I will check it out.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not s3c8asm.exe I mean Exinstall.exe
rob2k1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea's on the motion sensor issue? It would be cool if there was a sensitivity setting, but I'd settle for it working. Everything else works great.

Robbie
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob2k1 wrote:
Any idea's on the motion sensor issue? It would be cool if there was a sensitivity setting, but I'd settle for it working. Everything else works great.

Robbie
I am not sure what the problem is on later models. The one I have it works perfectly on. Until I can get my hands on a later model I have no idea what the problem is. My guess is that the values for the interrupts is different in later revisions. I am still looking into it. By the way, are you using Version 2 Beta 2. If not try it and let me know if it changes anything.

Thanks
rob2k1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried the Version 2, but it didn't make any difference. I have notice something that may be helpful. After pressing a key, the backlight will stay as long as you keep moving the remote, and if you move it as starts dimming and before completly off, it will turn back on. I don't know if that helps, but I appreciate your efforts.

Thanks,
Robbie
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob2k1 wrote:
I've tried the Version 2, but it didn't make any difference. I have notice something that may be helpful. After pressing a key, the backlight will stay as long as you keep moving the remote, and if you move it as starts dimming and before completly off, it will turn back on. I don't know if that helps, but I appreciate your efforts.

Thanks,
Robbie
What that tells me is that the interrupts may be different when the backlight is off or on. Back to tinkering
ninjatech

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya, I haven't been around (again), I will give the new version a test run soon!
kenyarnall

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Version 2 Reply with quote

Nils, what are the differences between beta 2 and the release of extender 2?

Ken
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Version 2 Reply with quote

kenyarnall wrote:

Ken
The relased version has a significant rewrite in the screen management area, improved button group management, and improved some other processes. It is worth migrating to.
kenyarnall

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Version 2 Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
kenyarnall wrote:

Ken
The relased version has a significant rewrite in the screen management area, improved button group management, and improved some other processes. It is worth migrating to.

Oh, I will --- I just wanted to know what I had to look forward to this weekend... Wink

ken
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will be pleased with it. It is much smoother and dependable. I would have actually made it a dot release if it wasn't so different internally. One thing you will like is that with the O_ device code you can change device icons from any macro and it does not have to be on the device button. The only exception is that any O_ device on the HT button will change to that O_ device and iluminate the HT icon.
ds72

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,
Thanks for creating the Extender, excellent work! Please provide advise on a small problem:

I have some learned keys for the Audio Device that I need to bring over to the Extended version; however, when I put these keys under the KeyMoves window, they would not work on the remote. Other moved keys work as expected.

Is it better to do a device upgrade and bring that over? I only have about 6 learned keys for the Audio Device and was hopping that a device upgrade would not be necessary (since I don't know how to do one, yet).

Thanks,
Don
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ds72 wrote:
Nils,
Thanks for creating the Extender, excellent work! Please provide advise on a small problem:

I have some learned keys for the Audio Device that I need to bring over to the Extended version; however, when I put these keys under the KeyMoves window, they would not work on the remote. Other moved keys work as expected.

Is it better to do a device upgrade and bring that over? I only have about 6 learned keys for the Audio Device and was hopping that a device upgrade would not be necessary (since I don't know how to do one, yet).

Thanks,
Don
Learned signals are not moved by the Extinstall program which you already noticed. If you can create keymoves against an existing device code in the remote they should work. If the learned signals do not match an existing device in the remote then the best bet would be to create a device upgrade and load it in the extender IR image. You could also put the device upgrade in the original and Extinstall will move them. The device upgrade would take less memory also. Not knowing your audio device I can't say for sure but there may already be an upgrade for it over at the jp1 files section.

By the way, I hope your are using the release version 2_1. I only asked since you posted this under the Beta thread.
ds72

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:

Learned signals are not moved by the Extinstall program which you already noticed. If you can create keymoves against an existing device code in the remote they should work. If the learned signals do not match an existing device in the remote then the best bet would be to create a device upgrade and load it in the extender IR image. You could also put the device upgrade in the original and Extinstall will move them. The device upgrade would take less memory also. Not knowing your audio device I can't say for sure but there may already be an upgrade for it over at the jp1 files section.

By the way, I hope your are using the release version 2_1. I only asked since you posted this under the Beta thread.

Nils,
I'm using Version 2.1 (just didn't know to post in the right place). The strange thing is that the keymoves for the TV device work fine while those for the Audio device don't--I'm using the same EFCs from the originally learned buttons. My Audio device is the Panasonic SA HE-200 (Code: 1518). The remote is sending out IR signals when I press these moved keys (at least the transmit lights flash). I'll have to play around with it some more tonight.

Side notes: man, the macros on this thing is FAST! Had to learn to use the Pause protocol to slow it down. It's pretty cool what you've done with the Extender! However, the wife is not too happy that I'm spending so much time with the "stupid" remote! Very Happy

Keep up the good work!
Don
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ds72 wrote:
The strange thing is that the keymoves for the TV device work fine while those for the Audio device don't--I'm using the same EFCs from the originally learned buttons. My Audio device is the Panasonic SA HE-200 (Code: 1518).

Seems to me since the 1518 audio device is in fact in the remote, the keymoves to that device should work. I am not sure without seeing the IR .txt file what is going on. Upload it to the jp1/files/diagnostics file area so I can get a look at it. Let me know when it is there.
ds72 wrote:
The remote is sending out IR signals when I press these moved keys (at least the transmit lights flash). I'll have to play around with it some more tonight.
That should be an indication that it is in fact sending a signal just may not be the right one.

ds72 wrote:
Side notes: man, the macros on this thing is FAST! Had to learn to use the Pause protocol to slow it down. It's pretty cool what you've done with the Extender! However, the wife is not too happy that I'm spending so much time with the "stupid" remote!

You should hear my wife. Goes crazy everytime a new remote comes in the house and says there goes another month shot to hell.. Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: