JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunflower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Sunflower Reply with quote

Searching for info on my remote, and I arrived here.
The interesting part: Remote is a silver 'Sunflower'
JP1.3 1056BC1-BLS-XXX-0001-001-R

I was startled to see it displayed in one of the threads.

I got my remote from my cable company / ISP as part of a free package for digital tv reception. The other part is a Motorola (made in China) DCT700/US which converts digital QAM to standard def analog tv, and also manages some of the digital functions. I think that my ISP is proactively handing these goodies out prior to the Feb 2009 deadline for digital tv.

The other interesting part: my ISP is SunflowerBroadband.com, the provider for Lawrence, KS.

So now, having encountered this interesting forum, I am considering what can be learned, modified, tweaked, etc. My wife is going to clobber me when I tell her that she will have to learn new command sequences for the remote! Seriously, it's an opportunity to learn.

Lastly, I also received the owner's manual for this remote. I am not aware of who else has it or needs it, but I am willing to share.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remote is a pretty nice one and is very configurable with the correct cable. Even with out the cable you can do a fair number of nice things with the key moves and macros that can be programmed via button presses. My sunflower remote that I picked up off ebay has working learning but i don't think the manual mentioned it and your part number indicates it's probably a learning model.

There is an extender that is currently in beta that allows you to do even more interesting things with this remote but it still has enough issues I would recommend avoiding it for someone new to the jp1 scene.
Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started this JP1 'sickness' because I got a free remote and wanted to experience the possibilities.

I read, lurked in the forum, and learned a lot. Amazing stuff, this, truly some great talent here has decoded the firmwares and provided their knowledge and experience to the public.

Having heeded an earlier warning about extenders, today I took the plunge, customized the extender IR file (a very little bit) and uploaded to my OCAP. It works! Just as advertised! Wow!

A respectful thank-you to all who have happened to post topics of interest to me. To others, who may be having difficulties or just working their way up the learning curve - keep at it, people are willing to help, the results are worth the time it takes to master your remotes.

Tom
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a soft copy of the manual, please either post a link to it (if it's on the web) or load a copy of it to the file section and then post a link to the file.
Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a link to the urc support page - the manual can be downloaded
from the 'Related Links' section at bottom left

http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=382
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct link to the manual

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added as many manual links as I could find to the latest remote chart. Although many of the older ones just link back to Rob's copies on this site, there are lots of new ones as well.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I've seen the manual, I can see that the "Sunflower" remote is really the ATLAS OCAP 5-Device remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: