JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macros on 7950 device buttons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Macros on 7950 device buttons Reply with quote

Hi, here is my experience with the 7950 and macros:

zip file with three ir-files at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5335

7950-7020-Le37R87.ir is original with two working macros, on the -/-- and A/B buttons.

7950-7020-Le37R87-bad.ir has the same macros on the TV and SAT buttons instead.

7950-7020-LE37R87-mod1.ir has the same macros as the original file, but i the SAT and TV buttons now 'call' the A/V or -/-- buttons. That is a workaround that works as intended - but uses up two keys.

The 'bad' version works like this:
Remote in SAT mode, pushing TV button:
-selects TV mode, selects analog input.
- subsequent pushes should flip between analog and MPEG3 but nothing happens.
-Selecting MPEG-3 with original remote, next push of TV button flips TV back to analog input. So it flips one way but not the other. The SAT button has no effect at all except the LED flashes.

The workaround works as intended, except it occupies two buttons that I might want for other purposes.

Last edited by Dreamzapper on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Evan_s

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use Shift something for the work around and you don't really end up loosing any buttons.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, but I would prefer not to use shift. What about phantom keys, could they somehow be employed to do what I want?

I have read a long thread (and that I found difficult to understand at my present level) with references to 'db' keys, and also found this there:

Quote:
Several models of OFS remote have one or more device modes that lack physical buttons, but have phantom buttons (some position in the electrical matrix of the keyboard where if a key were wired in there it would select that device). But most device modes that lack physical buttons also lack phantom buttons. If I recall correctly, that is the case for all the extra device modes of the 8910.

Are 'Phantom keys' the same as 'db keys'?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamzapper wrote:
OK, but I would prefer not to use shift.
Why?

The suggestion was NOT to use shift on the actual macro you PRESS (like the "TV" and "SAT" buttons), but for the macros you CALL ON (the "-/--" and "A/V" buttons.

So instead of building the macro on "-/--", you build it on "shift-'-/--'".

And have "TV" call on 'shift-'-/--'".

Then it's not "taking up" an extra regular button

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many tricks that may be employed it boggles my mind! But maybe, maybe my mind is overloaded by all the new and 'foreign' terminology. At least for the time being my understanding is quite limited and I am reading the documentation files over and over again.

So I will try out the shift method now. But I do not like the 7950; the buttons are too rubbery and devoid of tactile feedback so I think I will try to get the functionality I want into the original Dreambox remote instead. But the 7950 may still be helpful to have around since it is an IR learner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: