JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to get power ON to work on UEI for Harmon Kardon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aleksh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: How to get power ON to work on UEI for Harmon Kardon? Reply with quote

1. Device: Harmon Kardon AVR 247
2. Type of device: Audio/Video Receiver
3. Year: 2007
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: UEI Atlas DVR/PVR 5-Device Universal Remote 5 button
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes, no upgrade
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? 1306.
10. Learning remote question? This code allows me to power down and control volume just fine, however, does not allow me to power up my Harmon Kardon AVR.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 8 harmon upgrades in the Audio upgrades. Did you try any of them? You know it doesn't have to be an exact match on the model number for the codes to work. Heck if that were the case there wouldn't be any such thing as a universal remote.

It looks like
power on=173
power off=002
Evan_s

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hk amps have no normal power toggle as far as I've seen. The Original remotes all have a separate power On and OFF button. The result is most upgrades map the power off to the normal power button. The input button, usually the number keys, all function as ON buttons and will turn the receiver on and switch it to the correct input if it's off. If you want a typical toggling power button it would require faking it with a toadtog.
aleksh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: HK AVR 247 - power On Reply with quote

Evan - S

Just to clarify, does that mean if I press any number on my UEI keypad it should turn the HK AVR on?

Thx
Aleks
Evan_s

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that should be the way things function. Press the number that switches it to what ever input you want and it should turn on if needed and switch to that input.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
power on=173
power off=002
I think the Atlas DVR remote uses 5-digit EFC's and Audio/1306 uses the NEC 2-Dev Combo protocol so the correct EFC's would be:

Power ON = 58853
Power OFF = 15077

You should be able to test this directly from the remote by pressing the appropriate device button (make sure the unit is OFF). Then press the setup button followed by "5" "8" "8" "5" "3" (make sure the remote is aimed at the unit before pressing the last "3"). If the unit powers on then you can use the "58853" code to create a key move on a button of your choosing to power up the unit.
aleksh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: HK AVR 247 - POWER ON Reply with quote

Mark - I have not seen any 5 digit codes, all the ones in my user manual for the Atlas 5 button UEI I have has 4 digit codes. Hence the 1306 code that controls everything on the HK receiver but the Power ON.

If I program with the numbers you suggest , do I still use the UEI POWER ON button to do both the ON and OFF function?

Thanks again
Aleks
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: HK AVR 247 - POWER ON Reply with quote

aleksh wrote:
Mark - I have not seen any 5 digit codes, all the ones in my user manual for the Atlas 5 button UEI I have has 4 digit codes. Hence the 1306 code that controls everything on the HK receiver but the Power ON.
Those 4 digit codes are device Setup Codes that get assigned to the device buttons and provide the basic functionality. The 5 digit numbers are "advanced codes" typically used with the remotes "key mover" function.

Did you try the test I suggested? If so, what was the result?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aleksh

Mark wasn't giving you the 4 digit setup code. He's giving you a 5 digit EFC. When you have a partially working setup code, you can use an EFC, to program one key to do the desired function using the 5 digit setup code. In our lingo, that's called a key move.
aleksh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: HK AVR 247 - Power On Reply with quote

Thanks for everyones help. I got it working based on the codes provided by Mark.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: