JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problems Converting To Region 1/NTSC As Well

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darren_1972_uk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Problems Converting To Region 1/NTSC As Well Reply with quote

Hello.

I live in England and my Region is Region 2. I bought a Sony DVD recorder with a hard drive and Freeview added as well - model number RDR-HXD970 and I can play Region 2 DVD's OK. When it comes to Region 1, I can only play Region 1 DVD's that were released by Warner Bros and I've heard and witnessed this before with other machines from other makes and models.

Can anyone provide me with a code that can help me crack the code to turn my Sony DVD recorder (that I mentioned at the beginning of this post with full details) into a Multi-Region machine even if it can only play Region 1 as well as Region 2? It has NTSC as in Region 1 listed in the settings but it doesn't help when I change to that setting. I can't understand why it only plays Region 1 DVD's that are only released by Warner Bros only. If it can play those Region 1 DVD's it should play all Region 1 DVD's. I must add, luckily for me it can play Region 0 in colour because some Sony DVD players and DVD recorders play Region 0 in black-and-white. I want to get my Sony DVD recorder coded for Multi-Region.

Many thanks.

Darren.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a good forum to ask this question. Try Club CD Freaks (Google it)
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have to do some serious modifications since Sony is a brand that usually has to be "chipped", rather than there being software/menu based cracks.

You might need to research specific titles, it might be the RCE coding rather than just the region coding that gives you the odd symptoms with Warner disks.
darren_1972_uk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaker.guy wrote:
Not a good forum to ask this question. Try Club CD Freaks (Google it)

Many thanks for the tips. I'll try that. I'll stick around here anyway because I might need to ask anything else or help others.
darren_1972_uk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
You might have to do some serious modifications since Sony is a brand that usually has to be "chipped", rather than there being software/menu based cracks.

You might need to research specific titles, it might be the RCE coding rather than just the region coding that gives you the odd symptoms with Warner disks.

Many thanks for the help. I've known some Pioneer DVD players that need to be chipped as well and it requires having to manually change the region setting when needed, however, I'd rather not do that with my Sony DVD recorder because if it needs repairs at any time and Sony find the chip it would blow my warranty where it would be classed as a tampered machine. Thanks anyway.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth a look here, perhaps. One of the more comprehensive sites esp. for UK/Europe models.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: