JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Want help finding good URC remote with, say 30 buttons?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Want help finding good URC remote with, say 30 buttons? Reply with quote

Hi,

I wonder if a universal , learning remote with not too many buttons is available? In addition to the one I use myself, I would like to have one for the rest of the family with only the basic buttons:

Selecting TV/SAT (need only those two, but more may be acceptable)
numbers 0 -9,
volume up/down
channel up/down
mute

center pad with right, left, up, down and OK

A couple other buttons too, that I could use for simple macros.

That would be great.

I am afraid that such a remote is nowhere to be found, so I might have to compromise with more buttons. Anyway, would appreciate some feedback.

Rolf
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf, One of the nice things about JP1ing is that you only need one "learning remote" . With the tools you have here you can create upgrades for other non-learning remotes.

I think the old JP1 navigator or millenium 4 is what you are describing. They have very few keys visible, but a lower case that slides open to reveal 14 to 18 more keys that can be used less often. They are NOT learning remotes however,

http://www.ofausa.com/ Check out the cable line. You'll see the millineum 4 or the navigator. The navigator is shown with the lower case open, but it looks like a baby version of the millenium 4. You often see these remotes on ebay ususally under the COX brand. I haven't really used these remotes so I don't know there limitations but they do fit the bill as a very streamlined remote.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. What type of JP-1 cable would I need?

Rolf
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those remotes are JP1. I think they handle the intimidation factor quite nicely. Very simple. Buttons are easy to find. I like the number shapped number keys. I find that the hidden keys make this a poor remote, but if you want simple its about as good as it gets.

You might want to ask for opinions on these, as I haven't used them. So there may be some limitations to these that I don't know about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: