JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast 1067a and TV button questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n3kf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Comcast 1067a and TV button questions Reply with quote

OK, I have a newbie question. I recently got a JP1.2 cable and used it to program this remote with the upgrade available on this site for Olevia (Syntax) LCD TVs. That all worked as expected and the remote works with the TV and the cable box. So the RMDU file shows all the key mappings that were made for the TV to the remote. The thing I notice, is if I press the TV button and press many of these buttons that were mapped for TV functions, it reverts to the CBL function. Now I know for channel changing, that I want it to do that, but suppose that when I press the TV button and then hit the menu key, that I want the TV menu to come up, not the cable menu. Any help in steering me to understand how I would make that happen.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Ken
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken, That's an annoying behavior of the 1067a. Its got an agressive channel lock. You'll need to use an extender to get the kind of behavior that you're looking for. The 1067a extender will be going into preliminary testing in January. I'm still looking for volunteers.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could turn off the channel lock using the following instructions.

To De-Activate Channel Control Lock:
1. On the remote control,press CBLonce.
Then press and hold SETUPuntil the
CBLkey blinks twice,then release SETUP.
2. Enter 9-7- 3.The CBLkey will blink two times.
3. Press CH-once.The CBLkey will blink
four times.
4. Now,the remote control will provide TV and
VCR channel-control capabilities while in the
TV or VCR mode.

Of corse now you would need to manually keymove he Cable Channel + and - keys to the tv if you wanted to keep that functionality.
n3kf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But will turning off the channel lock (which is actually something I'd like the remote to do for the channel switching) also make all the functions work for TV then? Is that what an aggressive channel lock means?

As far as an extender, I'll have to read up on that, but would be a willing beta tester.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes turning off the channel lock will make all functions actually operate the device you have selected (eg TV) rather than the cable device and that is what vicky meant by the aggressive channel lock(including a fair number of things other than the channel + - and last keys). The only exception would be the volume +,- and mute keys which have a separate Volume lock setting.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when channel lock is on, most of the keys will default to cbl. The exception being the volume +- and mute, and a subset of the transport keys, FF, RW, Play, Record, Pause and Stop will default to the AUX device. Personally I think replay and live and myDVR belong with the transport keys and my extender will include these keys in the transport group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: