JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC 7950 cannot create advanced codes in key moves

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeteHarland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: URC 7950 cannot create advanced codes in key moves Reply with quote

I am trying to search for any advanced codes for my Panasonic TC29V26A TV. (Direct AV input select) I am using a URC7950 remote with the remote control programmer version 7.08 . I have tried to add the original code for the AV select which is EFC 0184 or Hex 5F. These are the codes listed for a similar model Panasonic TV and they are the same when I copy the codes from the original remote.
When I try to add the original AV select to key moves it turns the EFC code into a 5 digit EFC, 00184, and the hex command is listed as $5F $B8 rather than $5F. I have tried adding it as a Hex and as an EFC code, as a normal and a shifted code but nothing works. Any ideas?

Peter
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A keymove is only meaningful in the context of a specific setup code.

So "184" is not enough to tell us what signal you want. I could search for "AV select" for Panasonic TV's. But it would be simpler if you told us where you got "184" and/or included the device and subdevices that went with it or the setup code number and model of remote.

The same issues apply when creating the keymove. It needs to be within the context of a specific compatible setup code number. We need information about the setup code (if it is a standard built-in OneForAll setup code we can get that from just the number, otherwise we'd need to see an upgrade file). With that info, we could tell you whether that setup code can generate the signal you want and if so, whether the translation from 3 digit EFC number to 5 digit EFC number should be simply adding a leading 00 or whether a different translation is required.

Edit: In case I was unclear about this above, the setup code number is not involved at all in a learned signal. If you got the "184" from a learned signal, we need to know the device and subdevice numbers of that learned signal, not any setup code number that may have been active during learning. But then to use the 184 in a keymove, we still need to know the setup code number to be used as the base for the keymove.

Last edited by johnsfine on Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked for the AV signals for a few Panasonic TV's in CCF files I have downloaded.

In each, the round robin (not direct) AV select signal was device 128, subdevice 0, OBC 5, which in some setup codes is EFC number 184.

Four direct AV select signals were device 128, subdevice 0, OBCs 1 through 4. The fifth one was device 128, subdevice 4, OBC 124.

I don't know which of those six signals might work on your model TV and I can't tell you how set up keymoves for them without more info on the setup code used as a basis for those keymoves.

Assuming you have a cable, you may find it easier to build an upgrade (new setup code) in RemoteMaster and use device, subdevice and OBC numbers directly, rather than try to figure out how to encode keymoves for an existing setup code.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not clear why you're doing it this way either, but try Hex FF 5F or 5-digit EFC 60826, setup code 0650.
PeteHarland

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the lack of detail. The setup code I have been using is 0650. Protocol is Panasonic, Device 128, Sub-Device 0, OBC 5, Hex CMD 5F, EFC 184. This is the data I retrieved using the learning function on the remote. Retransmitting the learned code works OK. I wanted to test other codes to see if a specific AV input could be selected. I was following the JP1 for beginners guide and it suggested using the key moves function for creating advanced codes. I have since started to use remote master for the first time, and it may be a better tool to use for the job. Should I paste the created code into a learned signal section of the remote program? I tried using the FF 5F code suggested by underquark but this didn’t work. I will let you know as soon as I have had any breakthroughs.

Peter
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For TV/0650 URC-7950 Panasonic VCR Combo Protocol ID 001F,
OBC=1 is Hex Cmd 7F F0 or EFC=61749.
OBC=2 is Hex Cmd BF F0 or EFC=61237.
OBC=3 is Hex Cmd 3F F0 or EFC=62261.
OBC=4 is Hex Cmd DF F0 or EFC=60469.
OBC=5 is Hex Cmd 5F F0 or EFC=61493.
OBC=124 is Hex Cmd C1 E4 or EFC=15393.

You need to paste the Upgrade code from RM into the Device Tabsheet or the Protocols Tabsheet in IR.exe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: