JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New 8910 and Combined Sony protocol

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellobob13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: New 8910 and Combined Sony protocol Reply with quote

Hi I just got a new urc 8910 and I am attempting to program it just as I have my 6131 and 2133. I am having trouble with the code for my Sony receiver. I use the Sony Combo (12/15/20) protocol Protocol ID 01 27 in keymap master. This first thing I notice is that for the 6131 the protocol ID is 00 27.

By using 01 27 I have gotten many buttons to work but the number buttons are essentally 1 off. By that I mean button zero should select 5.1 input and button 1 should select CD but 0 selects CD and this kind of thing is true for all programmed buttons except what should be 8 is not present at all.

When I look at the device in IR everything looks as it does for my 6131 and 2133 except the protocol.

The 8910 (bad) file and the 6131 (good) IR file are here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5402. The problem code is 1999
What am I doing wrong? (I will upload the 2 IR files as soon as I can find out how).

Thanks Richard
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you have uploaded are NOT IR files, but they are KeymapMaster Device Upgrade files.

I'm not sure how to fix your specific symptom, but I'm sure an expert will tell you that there is an alternate keymap setting in the 8910's rdf that is incorrect or something, but I have a few observations:

1) The same data in RemoteMaster yields a different protocol than in KeymapMaster (0027 vs. 0127) although both Protocol upgrades look the same, so that shouldn't be the problem;
2) Why are you using that protocol?!?!? All of your functions use Sony12, Device 12 or 16, so you should use the simpler Sony 12/15 protocol for the 8910. No Protocol upgrade required - no muss, no fuss.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
1) The same data in RemoteMaster yields a different protocol than in KeymapMaster (0027 vs. 0127) although both Protocol upgrades look the same, so that shouldn't be the problem;
KM is using the protocol ID 0127 in order to prevent conflicting with the older version of 0027 that is built into the 8910. The older version is the Sony 12/20 combo, not the 12/15/20 combo. This was done (at Robman's request) so that existing upgrades using the built-in 0027 version would still function.
ellobob13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the missing ir files they are here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5403.

The reason that I am using this protocol is simply that it worked. The other codes all were missing something. I do not remember where I found this upgrade but I am sure that I downloaded it from this site.

It looks like maybe the extended codes are positional and for some reason with the 8910 it gets one off.

It sure would be easier to use this if there it some way to make it work but like you said I could go back to a simpler protocol.

Anyway thanks for your help. I have gotten spoiled now that I can have remotes that actually provide all of the functions I need!
ellobob13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

I am so sorry ... I finally tried to figure out what the big red message "The protocol code below is required for this upgrade" is all about. After reading the readme file I found that it means exactly what it says. I had never experience a protocol upgrade before.

Anyway I copied the protocol upgrade to the IR program and, of course, it all works now.

Thank you experts for this hard work I really enjoy the JP1 capability!

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: