JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas Extender device upgrade for WinLIRC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenspider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Atlas Extender device upgrade for WinLIRC Reply with quote

Hi, I've used JP1 with various remotes for a few years now and am very happy with it.

Currently I have a number of Atlas remotes loaded with "Atlas5Day URC- 1055 JP12 Ext A7". In addition to normal IR devices, I use a PC IR receiver to control BeyondTV and other media apps over device code 081 (RC5).

Because of a Hauppauge card conflict, I've been forced to move from their Irremote interface to WinLIRC to capture the IR codes.
To rebuild the Atlas codes, I could use the RC5 setup I was using, but would like to expand the number of codes available to the PC apps using RC5x, or some other protocol. Every code is remapped in the PC anyway.

I have found "ALL Codes" WinLIRC conf files for RC5 and RC5x and know all the hex codes I need to generate the upgrade.

I've searched extensively but still am unclear how to create a custom RC5x upgrade and merge it into the Atlas extender. Is it even possible? Is there a simpler way to do this?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spider,

I'm not quite sure what your question is. If you want to know how to create an upgrade, start by reviewing this thread.that links you to all the beinners documentation. Any upgrade created for the base remote, Atlas5Day URC- 1055 JP12 , can be used with the extender. Just be sure you get the right Atlas. Use RM or KM and pick the base remote. Copy the upgrade and paste it into IR. Assign the upgrade to a device.

If you are asking for specific information on the RC5 protocol, we'll have to wait until someone comes along.
greenspider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the rambling question. Your answer is on the money.

Not having built an upgrade before, I was not clear on the relationship between using extended and none-extended upgrades.
What I wanted was a basic road-map to build my own upgrade and install it into my existing Atlas extender. I can handle the details.

Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spider, One more thing about creating upgrades for this device.

Depending on how you installed the extender, you could have clobbered the KEYMAP setting. In IR, in the General tab down near the bottom, there is KEYMAP setting that should say STANDARD. If it say ALTERNATE, then your key functions may be scrambled in your upgrade.

HTH
greenspider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the KEYMAP setting is OK.

I found my problem. Because of a minor Java problem, I was running RM on my Vista laptop and cut/pasting into IR on an XP PC (over VNC) where my JP1 interface lives. All upgrades I built failed, and not having done one before, I was not sure why.

Fixing Java/RM on the XP PC bypassed the problem... I'm now able to continue working on my upgrade.

My wife frowns at my testing in our family room with all the cables and soldering tools.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My wife frowns at my testing in our family room with all the cables and soldering tools.

I hear that! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: