JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas OCAP Master Power functionality disabled?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Atlas OCAP Master Power functionality disabled? Reply with quote

Has anyone experienced this?
When upgrading the Atlas OCAP, the master power functionality described in the manual no longer works. I can put a power macro on the power key, but it no longer works only in cable mode, as described in the manual. It works in all modes, which defeats the purpose....
IBNobody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoNoNo! That's a GOOD thing! It means you can assign a power-on macro that uses phantom buttons. Meaning, you can have it power up stuff based on whatever device mode you're in.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO no NO NO NO!!!
Only if there are a lot of phantom buttons available, which there are not!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49 buttons and 49 shifted buttons=98 locations where you can store keymoves and macros.

Are you telling me that EVERY shifted button has something assigned to it and you have NO PLACE to save what you would intuitively put on a phantom button?

I absolutely support the idea that one wants to make the remote as intuitively useful to the USER as possible, but if the programming has to be a bit - shall we say - inelegant (by using, for example, shifted arrow buttons or some others for storing macros and DKPs that you want to invoke from OTHER macros), then so be it.

I respectfully suggest that the presence or absence of an additional phantom button or two is immaterial.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Atlas OCAP Master Power functionality disabled? Reply with quote

speaker.guy wrote:
When upgrading the Atlas OCAP, the master power functionality described in the manual no longer works. I can put a power macro on the power key, but it no longer works only in cable mode, as described in the manual. It works in all modes, which defeats the purpose....

IR7 doesn't support the built-in Device Specific Macros functionality. Creating macros within IR7 will default to General Macros. Use SET-978 on the Power or TuneIn keys for DSMs. Once a DSM created, you should be able to edit it within IR7 and retain its DSM ability.
IBNobody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Atlas OCAP Master Power functionality disabled? Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
speaker.guy wrote:

IR7 doesn't support the built-in Device Specific Macros functionality. Creating macros within IR7 will default to General Macros. Use SET-978 on the Power or TuneIn keys for DSMs. Once a DSM created, you should be able to edit it within IR7 and retain its DSM ability.

How is editing possible? Can IR not see the portion of memory that holds the DSM flag?
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR currently ignores the device mode so it'll bring up the DSM macro that you created using the remote and present it as a Global Macro. It will retain the existing device mode(device specific or global) and allow you to edit it.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the "cheat sheets" I have has any info on the '978'. Please provide info or a reference.
Thanks
SG
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the CBL Power Macro, you'll have to create it on the remote itself. If you create it in IR7, it will become a Global Macro. Once you download the CBL Power Macro into IR7, it should allow you to edit the macro and still retain its CBL mode behavior.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried creating it on the remote. It still behaves global....
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Use SET-978 on the Power or TuneIn keys for DSMs. Once a DSM created, you should be able to edit it within IR7 and retain its DSM ability."

You still didn't explain what this (specifically 978) is!
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one (not even thg guy who suggested it) knows what setup;978 is or does???
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standard way to set the Master power macro, according to the manual for the OCAP DVR 1056 appears to be SET-995

The manual is available online at: UEI Download link
This is an image of the relevant page:Master Power Manual Page

I'm afraid I can't find SET-978 in that manual, so if it does something, it seems to be undocumented.
(or maybe just a simple typo from binky123 ?)
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the manual, and using set995 results in a global macro...
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SET-978 works the same way as SET-995 except it doesn't set the device mode to the Global Type. It uses the current device mode. It probably isn't documented anywhere. SET-978 only works for Power and the TuneIn keys.

I made a mistake about SET-995 for the Atlas 3033 as it does create a Global Macro. I was reading the Atlas 3000 manual and it mentioned the Power Macro only working in CBL mode but this doesn't apply to the Atlas 3033.

You can also edit the RAW Data to change the device mode for each macro to make it device specific but you'll have to identify where the macro is located within the RAW Data tabsheet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: