JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nokia32 Protocol Causes Sony DVP-NS70H DVD Player to Hang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chasman1964

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Nokia32 Protocol Causes Sony DVP-NS70H DVD Player to Hang Reply with quote

Two weeks ago, I had AT&T U-verse service installed. The service uses a Motorola VIP1200 set-top box. I learned the AT&T remote on my Radio Shack 15-2116 and quickly discovered that it uses the Nokia32 protocol. I was able to set up the remote in Keymap Master (Cable device type), and everything works fine. I use the 15-2116 Extender 2.

Within the past two weeks, I have noticed that my Sony DVP-NS70H DVD player will sometimes refuse to turn on until I unplug it and plug it back in. The fact that the DVD player started misbehaving at the same time I got my AT&T service may be coincidental, but I did spend some time playing with the remote (in Cable mode) in front of the DVD player and got the DVD player to hang. There seems to be no particular button or pattern of buttons that causes the hang to occur. It has been difficult to get the hang to occur when I want to, and so far I have been successful doing so only with the 15-2116 remote, not the original.

The VIP1200 uses the Nokia32 protocol--device 35, subdevice 64, misc 38, toggle 1, break 0--and the DVD player uses the Sony20 protocol, device 26 and subdevice 73. Can anyone think of any way that the DVD player might be trying to react to a Nokia32 transmission and what possibly could be done to solve the problem? Thanks.
chasman1964

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some additional information. I was able to reproduce the problem with the remote that came with the AT&T set-top box. Given that the DVD player turned on and off fine and then would not turn on after I played with the remote, I'm pretty certain that the problem is IR-related. However, I still have not determined any button or sequence that causes the problem, nor have I been able to reproduce it any more easily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: