JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

9960b01 ignore first key not being ignored

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanmc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: 9960b01 ignore first key not being ignored Reply with quote

im using a urc9960b01 and extender and ignore first key doesnt work it doesnt ignore it
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen behavior like this as well, but I think that it's not necessarily that the first key is not being ignored (it is, I have checked) but that the key is being held or is "bouncing" and what you're really seeing is the second key press.

I've verified this with mine in trying to make very short keypresses. It's a pain in the neck.

I was working on a new version of the extender a while back, but got into something else. This is certainly something that I should put on the bug list. (ie: introduce a short delay between first and second press) but I'm short on space in the 9960B01 extender, I think there was only two free bytes in that part of the extender.

let me look at it
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, a bug..... One that must have been introduced when I was making the code smaller. I'll fix this in 1.04 which I have been working on.

In the mean time, if you want to try a patch:

In IR, go to the Raw Data tab

scroll down to Address $0F80, change the byte in column "F" from $6B to $EB

Or if you are uncomfortable in doing this, you should find that setting the setting in IR is backwards (ie: use=ignore, ignore=use)

If you do the patch, let me know if the results are correct. I've made the change in the 1.04 source and now just have to finish the work to release it. (there are other, more significant changes in making the code size much smaller)
ryanmc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the extender its great. i tried the patch it didnt help and then i tried unpatching it and using "use first key" to check if it was reversed and that didnt help either. if theres anything else i can try id be glad to thanks for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: