JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CaptiveWorks 3000HD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
houdini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to get ahold of Juppers but I'm not sure I can. Captiveworks doesn't have a PM/email ability in their forum and it doesn't appear he has been active in some time. I might be able to load a remote program on my PPC phone that accepts ccf files. I've played with them in the past and I should be able to test with that since I don't have a JP1 remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll drop him a line by email then.
Juppers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll load it up and give it a shot. It won't be til monday evening or tuesday though, I'm about to head out of town for the weekend and my tv is being ISF calibrated monday.
Juppers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally found my Marantz in a box I had checked 3 times before. Loaded their CCF and I have no problem inputting repeated number channels such as 111 222 333 etc.
houdini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for testing Juppers.

Rob, so does this mean the executor needs to be changed to work correctly with slingbox?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably, but I can't think of what to change as it's producing the signal that I expected. I'll have to dig out my Pronto and try learning the signal from a JP1 remote using that to see if it looks any different to the official Pronto signal.
joeyboey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me which .irp file to use with this cw3000hd RM file. I would also like some instruction on how to decipher which bits to use when editing the irp file with bits from the RM file. I am trying to make clean hex from this RM file using KM and MAKEHEX. Am I going about this the correct way? If not please advise . . .
Thanks in advance
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to JP1 remotes but if I can help I will.

I have Tommy's great little product the IR-Widget as well as his JP1.2/JP1.3 cable.

I have the CaptiveWorks CW3000HD remote as well as the RS 15-133, 15-134, and 15-100 remotes. The 15-100 has not been modified yet but should have that completed within the next few days.

I can confirm that the CW3000HD remote does have a toggle bit for key press down / key press up (watched it on the oscilloscope).

If it would be helpful I could use IR-Scope to capture the IR signals from the CW3000HD remote and post the .ict files.

Let me know if I can do anything. I also want to eliminate the CW3000HD remote and add the commands into the JP1 remotes.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurkha,

Perhaps you didn't realize it, but the 15-13x's are all learners, so you could go ahead and learn the CW with those. It's actually a lot quicker learning on those than the 15-100 due to all the extra button presses it requires. Check the manual for instructions.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Yes they are learners but they have difficulty learning the CW3000HD codes (I suspect because of the toggle Key Down Key Up issue)

I may just have to work on my key press timing but I haven't got a dependable learn yet.

Mostly the error is in the ability to send only one key press. As an example, I learn Channel Up. The learned key will send three or four channel ups.

The gap between receiving Key Down and Key Up codes seems to determine how many times the system responds to that command.

I do not believe the UEI remotes can send a different code for key press and key release so we just need to identify the key down code and the key up code delete most of the gaps between the two codes. My hope would be that the system then sees the key press / key release and will only respond once for each press. For a continous key press the remote will need to send a repeating pattern of key down and key up. There may need to be a pause between sending this sequence because the remote receiver seems to get hung up if you send too much of that sequence.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of HOW the learned keys work, as long as they work albeit not "properly", the learns can provide useful data to the experts. Try learning a few buttons but several different ways:
(1) Press and HOLD;
(2) Press and immediately release;
(3) Press BEFORE you press the learning button and then immediately release to try and capture just the release code.

Upload any learned IR files to the diagnosis area (and describe in the notes of IR what each learned signal is) and post a link here.

One of the experts will take a look at it.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Link removed - file was corrupted during upload process see new files later in this thread.

Here is CW3000HD learned on a 15-134 SAT device - short presses and mostly works
AUX device = long presses[/url]

Last edited by GurkhaBeast on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurkhaBeast wrote:
I do not believe the UEI remotes can send a different code for key press and key release so we just need to identify the key down code and the key up code delete most of the gaps between the two codes.

Actually, they can. When we create an upgrade for a new protocol like this one, we need to write an executor in assembler code, so we can make it do whatever we want.

The upgrade that I created sends two parts with a gap in the middle, and it appears to replicate the signals in the Pronto file that was posted earlier.

I'll try looking at the learns that you've posted to see how they compare to my upgrade.

The only tester that we've had so far was using a Slingbox, we haven't had anyone test my upgrade using a JP1 remote, so if you'd be willing to give it a shot I'd appreciate it.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is amazing that the upgrades could be capable of performing a key press and a key release as distinct codes. I sure am glad I decided to learn about JP1 remotes.

I would be glad to test your file. I'll have to figure out how to do an upgrade (still very very new to this stuff - 2 days). So I will search and read a bit and I will do the upgrade.

I will be back home in a couple of hours and will begin then.

Thanks
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said I am really new to this JP1 stuff and I seem to be having some difficulty loading the file.

Using:
RS 15-134 remote
ir.exe version 7.14
ExtInstall.exe file date of 10-01-2007

Here is what I have done:
Copied ExtInstall.exe to my RDFs folder
Opened ir.exe
Set my RDF folder to RDFs
Set my ExtInstall folder to RDFs

Loaded a download of the factory remote into ir.exe
Tested Merge Using ExtInstall with 3B85ext-notes.hex
Worked succesfully - new file was created - no errors were displayed

Loaded a download of the factory remote into ir.exe
Selected Merge Using ExtInstall
Pointed to Captive_Works_3000HD-v2.txt
At the Save dialog box I typed in 15-134-CW3K for the file name

Then I get a popup dialog box with ExtInstall.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
After clicking Don't Send I get another pop up dialog box Error: ExtInstall returned errorcode 3

Could it be that the upgrade is written for another remote or did I do something wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: