JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sony dav-fc7 home theater in abox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
precious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: sony dav-fc7 home theater in abox Reply with quote

Mad i just recently bought the sony dream system dav-fc7. my problem is it did not come with universal remote and i wouldlike to have to use only one remote for my htib, tv, vcr and satellite. i have purchased 4 different remotes and they are all working for the later except the home theater. ive called sony 2 times with no help (mean) and have sent 3 emails with no response.. my question is their a remote to buy that will work the sony? ive even tried learning remotes costing 150.00 but it seems that the oringinal remote will not let any other remote learn from it. ive tried 001,002, 003 per sony but that doesnt work either. Ive read about changing the rec. from av2 to av1 but cannot find any instructions for this product to change it. am i screwed or should i return it for a different brand. my budget is 500.00 max. any info would be aprreciated thank you
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on which forum you write your note in, you will get many different responses as to what to buy. Smile

In this forum it will be suggested that you buy a JP1-compatible remote, and a JP1 cable. Using these two items, there is a very high probability that all your items can be controlled to your specifications. I am a newbie here, but from what I have seen, this percentage of success is very close to 100%. Maybe some of our experts have seen equipment that JP1 cannot control, but I have not (in my one month or so here).

JP1 tends to be fairly inexpensive. Most JP1-compatible remotes cost $15-$25, and the JP1 cable costs $14.

To run JP1, your minimum system requirement are: a windows computer (not a mac), and a printer port (aka parallel port) on the back of your computer. Also, it would not hurt to have microsoft excel so that you can run KeymapMaster (if not, you can install JAVA and run RemoteMaster instead). All the software that makes JP1 work is available free here.

I catch hell here for making the same remote recommendations over and over and over and over again, but at the risk of inciting a riot I would purchase a One-For-All model 8810w from Wal-Mart for $19, and I would order a JP1 cable from hovisdirect for $14. If there are no Wal-Marts nearby, or if they are out of stock of the 8810w, I would order the 8811 remote from the Robman for $25, and at the same time, get the JP1 cable from him for $15.

To get this high level of success comes at a price - depending on your background, JP1 may take a little while to get the hang of. You may have questions, which is why this forum is here.

Here is a fairly complete list of all JP1-compliant remotes. If you are looking to spend the most on a JP1 remote, I guess the most expensive one is the HTPro at $47, available from surf-remote-control.

Happy New Year,
JP1Files
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Sony friend at anycities, mr. rhm, has codes for the dream system that JP1 can use, once you get your remote and cable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: