JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Inputting advanced codes for KLH R7000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToddF

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Inputting advanced codes for KLH R7000 Reply with quote

My Christmas present this year was a KLH R7000 receiver. My old remote (URC-7800) did not list any setup codes for KLH receivers so I figured I'd have to build a JP1 upgrade. I bought an 8810 remote so I wouldn't have to mess with adding the six pin header to the 7800. Last night I quickly entered the setup codes for my TV, DVD/VCR combo and CD player. I plan to build a JP1 cable and start customizing over the weekend. But, before diving in, I decided to give UEIC customer service a call to see what they could do. They said that the KLH R7000 uses receiver setup code 1428, but this code was not built into my remote. If I sent the remote in to the company, they could add the code at no charge, but that would take 7-12 days. I asked if instead of sending them the remote could they send me the advanced codes? They faxed them to me within a couple of hours, and are emailing a softcopy next week.

This brings me to my question. I believe from past experience that just having the list of advanced codes is not enough information to program the remote to operate a device. I think you need to have programmed the device key with a setup code so that the device type is correct. (For example, to program my Apex AD600a DVD player on my 7800 remote, it was necessary to set the device type to TV/0030, then assign advanced codes to the remote control buttons.) Does anyone know a device setup code I could use with the advanced codes I got from UEIC that might let me control my KLH receiver? Taking a look at the files of advanced codes for other KLH receivers at the yahoo site leads me to think setup codes 1138 and 1999 would be good starting points, but I'm not sure these are built into the 8810. (I'll try when I get home from work.)

Todd F.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you thought, the advanced codes are not enough to program the remote without a setup code.

The setup codes used in JP1 upgrades (you mentioned 1138 and 1999) sometimes represent the UEI setup codes for other models of remote and/or upgrades available from UEI, but usually they're just numbers selected semi randomly by the person who made the JP1 upgrade. In this case I suspect they are not meaningful (if your 8810 or 7800 had those setup codes it wouldn't be the same thing).

Those upgrades for the KLH R5100 and the CCF file for the KLH R5000 are for NEC1 protocol, device 81, subdevice 16. There's a good chance your KLH is the same. There's no built in setup code for that. You'll need the JP1 cable.

Once you have the JP1 cable you don't need to guess. Just learn a few signals from the orriginal remote, let IR.EXE decode them. If they match the R5100's signals you can use that upgrade. If they don't match you can learn more signals and build your own upgrade.
ToddF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put together a JP1 cable this morning and checked out some learned codes from the KLH remote. They are indeed NEC1 protocol, device 81, subdevice 16. Now I just have to make an upgrade for my particular model, using the R5100 upgrade as a starting point.
Todd F.
ToddF

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created an upgrade for the KLH R7000 and uploaded two versions to the yahoo file storage area. One version has the buttons mapped to the remote based on the information in the tuner/1428 upgrade codes faxed to me from UEL. The second version has the buttons mapped in a more logical manner.
Todd F.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: