JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8206 + Vista Media Center on HP TX1410-Laptop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexinc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: URC-8206 + Vista Media Center on HP TX1410-Laptop Reply with quote

ok, i'm new to the whole jp1.x-thing, but willing to learn and already tried to make my first steps on this area... Smile

here is the deal: using my ofa kameleon 6 (2nd gen) URC-8206 for many years now (with nokia-tv, kenwood-cd+tuner and loomax-dvd) i thought, why not using it with vista media center on hp tx1000-series laptop too!? after trying to update with official ofa-wav-files (SAT/1272 or VCR/1972) and using ir-learning i'm stuck on this. after ir-learning at least media center sometimes reactes on pressing a button - but not more than onces a given time and not on all buttons. so i found registry-value that should help using universal remotes on media center. that didnt do the trick as well... Sad now i found this board and hope grows again!
reading and trying a lot didnt help me either. here is what i did so far.
downloading keymap master 9.15 and setting it up to UCR-8206, SAT, 1272. Protocol MCE, 4, 15. Functions i changed to EFC 5 with 5-digit EFC from function num 0 to zoom with values 00000-00064. these functions i mapped to buttons 1:1 (e.g. 0 = num 0 and so on). this should give me the code (on setup, center frame) needed to copy in ir.exe???
now i downloaded ir.exe 7.15 and started "FromRob.IR" as i dont have a cable, want to upgrade via wave-file and cannot add device without having cable-connection!? so i deleted all content from fromrob.ir (key moves, macros, special protocols, protocols, learned signals) and all but one device. this one i edited and copied the content from keymap master. now i wanted to export it as wave-file (of course after having downloaded ir2wav 1.9). i get the file, but feel unsure about what kind of export i need to do. at least the ones i choose (settings, upgrades) dont work. when trying to upgrade remote, it already turns on again before wave-file finished playing. i'm not sure about using the whole image, as i need to include the information on tv, dvd, tuner+cd too!??

well, sooo many questions and lot of work to do... anyone that can help me out a little??? thx i.a. alex
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my files SAT/1272 is factory installed in your remote, so you shouldn't have needed a WAV file to get it. Does your media center work with this code?

If I recall correctly, there's a toggle bit in the signal, which would explain why your learned signals only work once as that is a known side effect of learning a toggle signal. If you were to replace the learned functions with advanced code based keymoves, this would fix the problem. Let us know which functions you needed to learn and I'll give you the advanced codes.

Here's a KM file for the Windows Media Center:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1015

As for the rest of what you were trying to do, you're way off base, but I don't have time to explain everything right now, so hopefully someone else will jump and help with that.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-8206 + Vista Media Center on HP TX1410-Laptop Reply with quote

alexinc wrote:

downloading keymap master 9.15 and setting it up to UCR-8206, SAT, 1272. Protocol MCE, 4, 15.
So far, so good.

Quote:
Functions i changed to EFC 5 with 5-digit EFC from function num 0 to zoom with values 00000-00064. these functions i mapped to buttons 1:1 (e.g. 0 = num 0 and so on). this should give me the code (on setup, center frame) needed to copy in ir.exe???
Not good. You have no idea which code is which function. You can't assume they'll be in a certain order, and they could go up to 255.

Quote:
now i downloaded ir.exe 7.15 and started "FromRob.IR" as i dont have a cable, want to upgrade via wave-file and cannot add device without having cable-connection!? so i deleted all content from fromrob.ir (key moves, macros, special protocols, protocols, learned signals) and all but one device.
That file is for a model 15-1994 remote and will never work with your's whether you delete all the contents or not. You must do File-New and pick your model from the list.

Quote:
this one i edited and copied the content from keymap master. now i wanted to export it as wave-file (of course after having downloaded ir2wav 1.9).
Good, assuming you start with the correct IR file for your remote and have a valid km file.

Quote:
i get the file, but feel unsure about what kind of export i need to do.
Entire image works best.

Quote:
at least the ones i choose (settings, upgrades) dont work. when trying to upgrade remote, it already turns on again before wave-file finished playing.
Bad file, for the reasons above.

Quote:
i'm not sure about using the whole image, as i need to include the information on tv, dvd, tuner+cd too!??
Enter all your existing device codes before you export. If you're not sure what they are, check your manual or some instructions on this site for doing a code blink back.
alexinc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, many thx for your fast replies! as i'm at work right now, i cannot clear things up the next minutes... but i guess i'm getting closer to a solution. Smile

Quote:
According to my files SAT/1272 is factory installed in your remote, so you shouldn't have needed a WAV file to get it. Does your media center work with this code?

you are right, but this one didnt work for me. Sad would have saved me lot of time... Wink
Quote:
Here's a KM file for the Windows Media Center:

will try that one as soon as possible with the steps mdavej posted.
Quote:
Not good. You have no idea which code is which function. You can't assume they'll be in a certain order, and they could go up to 255.

guess you're right, thats what i was thinking too - but had no other idea/choise... using the km-file posted by The Robman will solve this problem!? otherwise, which one is the way to? how to find out, which function needs what code? (even if posted km-file works, i'm interested to know)
Quote:
You must do File-New and pick your model from the list.

YEAH! that was one of the steps i didn't find - seems to do the trick, even without cable connected. Smile
Quote:
Enter all your existing device codes before you export. If you're not sure what they are, check your manual or some instructions on this site for doing a code blink back.

last tricky thing! i guess uploading entire image will erase official downloaded information/codes for tv, dvd and tuner+cd? so i need to combine my new created image for media center with those official ones... which way to go?

trying to answer myself and someone can confirm this? Wink
i'll import from wav (that one i downloaded from oneforall-homepage) and merge with current one (media center i've created)???

thx again! you already made my day and helped me solving a lot of question i came across yesterday! Smile awesome!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If SAT/1272 doesn't work, then the KM file that I posted won't work either as it's essentially the same code, just with more buttons.

With regards to exporting WAV files from IR, you are correct that if you select "Entire Image" it will over-write everything, so for that reason you might want to just export the section(s) that you're changing. However, assuming that you want to add an upgrade, this will overlay (ie, delete) any existing upgrades that you have, so if you want to keep them you should start by importing the last WAV file that you used to add upgrades and then add your upgrades to this image.
alexinc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least i will try it and let you know! otherwise it would be very helpful, if someone could tell my how to find out or where to get the fitting codes for the buttons (will start searching the forum for it now), so i can try to create a working km-file for 8206. Smile

its getting quite interesting! Wink
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quickest and easiest way is to load an upgrade that someone else has already created for the device in question, assuming that they have included the codes for all of the buttons. To do it yourself, you would learn the buttons using your OEM remote and then download the memory, then the JP1 software would tell you what the codes are for the buttons that you learned, but you need a JP1 cable to do that. There is no sure fire way to get codes for individual buttons without a learning remote and JP1 cable.
alexinc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The There is no sure fire way to get codes for individual buttons without a learning remote and JP1 cable.

thats what i feared! well, till yet no success and not sure, where or how to go on. flashing works, entering the codes works too, but media center doesnt work. Sad is it helpful to post the remote control of my laptop? its called HSTNN-PRO7 or RC2002001/06 - definitively an RC6-one, at least its written on it. Wink

question btw, i noticed, that volume control on tuner works, but not on cd. moving keys from tuner to cd using ir.exe works pretty good, but how can i just copy them? thought i could simply edit the keys in devices-window, so i would use the hex-values from tuner for cd again (as its booth kenwood and works with one remote), but ir.exe doesnt let me edit the values line per line!? any workaround?

thx i.a. and greeting to chicago, as my sister is living over there! Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recommendation is for you to order a JP1 cable from Tommy, then you'll be able to learn the signals from the MCE remote and use the captured data to build a new upgrade. Even though the learned signals only work once, the upgrade would solve that problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: