JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-9960B01 extender release version available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is an O_dev command on the HT button, that device will be selected and animated

IF there is nothing on the HT button, whatever device was there before will continue to be animated.

BTW, I think I figured out a low-cost way to add the device activation at startup based on the initial settings from IR. I have to try iit when I can code it and upload it to a remote.
yesok

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Activation of Extender Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

unclemiltie wrote:
If there is an O_dev command on the HT button, that device will be selected and animated

IF there is nothing on the HT button, whatever device was there before will continue to be animated.

Now I see. Thanks.

unclemiltie wrote:
BTW, I think I figured out a low-cost way to add the device activation at startup based on the initial settings from IR. I have to try iit when I can code it and upload it to a remote.

What a nice idea!
I will be waiting for your post.

Yesok
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I have implemented and tested the two new requests that have been discussed in this thread and will be releasing (soon) v1.02 with the following:

1: The extender selects the screen and animates the device button for the initial O_device on extender load. This cost me 6 bytes in the protocol that loads the extender but I think it's worth it from a usability standpoint.

2: IR now has the ability to change the key that will invoke the HT screen. It's a bit odd but allows for complete disable of the HT key by entering Zero. The default in the RDF is to leave things as they were.

I'm also in the process of verifying fixes for a number of small bugs and one big one on the HT key that has been discussed in another topic. I hope to release this new extender some time this week when I get a bit more time to get everything wrapped up.

-bill
yesok

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Good News Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

unclemiltie wrote:
FYI - I have implemented and tested the two new requests that have been discussed in this thread and will be releasing (soon) v1.02 with the following:

1: The extender selects the screen and animates the device button for the initial O_device on extender load. This cost me 6 bytes in the protocol that loads the extender but I think it's worth it from a usability standpoint.

2: IR now has the ability to change the key that will invoke the HT screen. It's a bit odd but allows for complete disable of the HT key by entering Zero. The default in the RDF is to leave things as they were.

I'm also in the process of verifying fixes for a number of small bugs and one big one on the HT key that has been discussed in another topic. I hope to release this new extender some time this week when I get a bit more time to get everything wrapped up.

I hope you are not sacrificing your weekends.

Yesok
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded 1.02 of the URC-9960B01 extender to the files section this morning, you can get the latest here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4553

Changes since V1.00 are listed below. I know that some of you are using patched versions that implement some of these changes while others may be using the v1.01 release.

v1.01
shortened Pause protocol by not re-searching and reading keymove
fixed bug in LDKP for 1-key sequence
add brightness control special protocol
fix oddity with RC5/RC6 combo protocol interfering with special protocols, crashing remote

v1.02
fix bug in HT key special screen processing reported by joed in forum
add option to disable HT screen and treat HT button as "normal" device button
fix data location difference between RDF and extender on 9960 (new RDF for this release)
set screen to initial O_device on extender load
remove from RDF setting for Xshift bits (didn't work anyway)

as always, discuss in the forums any problems/issues you see with the extender.

enjoy!
joedaring

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

thanks for this new version... your response to bug report has been OUTSTANDING! Smile

now, what do you think would be the best way to implement the new V1.02 WITHOUT re-writing everything from scratch in my 9960?

I'm almost done with the things I want my remote to do, and hope there is a way to just "Update" the extender without touching the rest of the stuff I defined so far...

Suggestions?

BTW... HT as a normal device key... uhmmm! So I may have a specialized Power key in HT Mode? Or the Power key used there is always the one in the device the O_ command is set for? And what keys get illuminated when the HT key is treated as a normal device?

Thanks again

Ciao, Joe
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

changing the version will be tricky, I'd do a summary of your remote in IR, save the file to an RTF, print it and then re-create.

But if you have to, from the top of my head:

1: open both IR files in a text editor
2: replace everything from $24 to $FF and from $F10-$FFF. That's the extender code and the keymove to load the extender

open the file with Ir, it will complain of the checksum, you can ignore that.

3: depending on which special protocols/devices you use, you should replace them with the ones in this extender. I know I changed Pause, I implemented the brightness control which wasn't in before. It would be better if you replaced them all by Edit-copy-paste from the new extender in IR to the old file in IR.

After all of that, it may or may not work. like I said you'd be better recreating the files. (or finding someone with some time to fix extinstall, which would solve this problem. But I haven't had time to deal with that issue)

as for the HT key as device, when you push it, the screen will change and animate whatever O_dev is placed on it. I'm not sure I'd use it as a device, but you could use it as (for example) the Xshift key or maybe a macro to set up a bunch of stuff without changing the screen. If you put an O_dev key on it, it'll animate that screen. (I'm not sure I'd ever use this feature, but someone asked for it and it wasn't hard to do)

-bill
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, by the way....

I'm in the midst of writing v1.03 which I wanted to release as this version but wanted to get those two fixes out there a little faster than what I plan on doing for 1.03.

For 1.03 my hit parade includes

1: a substantial reduction in the size of ee_part1 (right now it's about 40 bytes) which adds to the space for advance codes, which is much more important on the 6960 and not as important for the 9960B01.

2: I plan on implementing device dependent and scrollable button layout screens for RM. I have to take some new pictures and edit them in order to do what I want and I just haven't had the time to do it.

3: Some cleanup of the code (as part of making ee_part1 smaller) as well as clean up of the source which I hope to post as part of this next release.

Other suggestions will be considered, depending on how hard they are to do.

Oh, and I'd really like to fix extinstall so that I don't have to keep recreating my remote configurations when I make these upgrades!

-bill
joedaring

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

Wow... I thought it was much easier to replace the extender!

In my ingenuity I believed that it would be enough to replace all the device and protocols with the new ones from the new empty extender file... now I understand there is more, and probably that "more" MUST be in some specifica place in the remote's memory...

Oh well! I believe I'll finish (...if "finish" is a verb applicable to this JP1 stuff) to tweak my remote's behavior the way it is now (V1.01)... meanwhile the 1.03 may see the light and I'll skip to t directly...

Also the jobs you are planning on the RM and Extinstall toolsit is nice, and I look forward to see them updated too!

Wishing you all the best... I'll stay tuned

Grazie! Joe
yesok

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Setup key for brightness conrtrol Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

I am unable to use Setup key for brightness control, while I can use Macro1 key for brightness control.

Is this by design or something is wrong?

Yesok
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't put a macro or keymove on the defined Shift or Xshift key. If Shift or Xshift are defined as Setup (as is done by default) then you can't use the Setup key.

If you change Shift/Xshift to something else then you could put that keymove for brightness control onto the setup key.
yesok

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Setup key for brightnessc ontrol Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

unclemiltie wrote:
you can't put a macro or keymove on the defined Shift or Xshift key. If Shift or Xshift are defined as Setup (as is done by default) then you can't use the Setup key.

If you change Shift/Xshift to something else then you could put that keymove for brightness control onto the setup key.

By changing Shift/XShift key from Setup(2) to Home(13) solved the problem.

Thanks for your quick solution.

Yesok
yesok

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Setup key for Brightness control while HT icon animating Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

While HT icon is animating, I am unable to use Setup key for brightness control. But while all other device icon is animating, I can use Setup key for brightness control.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Yesok
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Setup key is not "lit" when in HT mode and the remote checks to see if a key is lit before it processes the key. This is true on both the 9960B01 and the 6960B00.

if a key is not lit, there is no practical way to change this behavior.
yesok

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Seeup key while HT animating Reply with quote

Hello Bill,

unclemiltie wrote:
The Setup key is not "lit" when in HT mode and the remote checks to see if a key is lit before it processes the key. This is true on both the 9960B01 and the 6960B00.

if a key is not lit, there is no practical way to change this behavior.

I am using URC-9960B01(4KB).

I have used following DSM sequence, as the final sequence of Power key DSM;

1. HT
2. O_CD

Then HT icon animates. Here Setup key is "lit", but I am not able to use it for brightness control. But I can use M1 key for brightness control.

Could you have one more look?

Yesok
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: