JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Simply way to change memory location?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xgamer123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Simply way to change memory location? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm getting used to original JP1 function of URC-8017. I know it takes time to study complicated extender. So, I want to just move some devices upgrade space for key moves memory. I've read other topic talk about address assignment in RDF, and have tried to update it. It won't works normally. Is there simple way to do it?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Simply way to change memory location? Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting used to original JP1 function of URC-8017. I know it takes time to study complicated extender. So, I want to just move some devices upgrade space for key moves memory. I've read other topic talk about address assignment in RDF, and have tried to update it. It won't works normally. Is there simple way to do it?
There is no easy way to move memory in an unextended remote. The ROM code expects things to be in the same place as it was. An extender takes advantage of overriding the ROM code so it can move things around.
xgamer123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad to hear this. I've tried extender, but I have same duration trouble on macro for dishnetwork's RC and another RC as other topic talk about - TOO FAST.

I think I need to turn off all functions of extender back to original macro function, just use new address in extender. Can I do it?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:
Too bad to hear this. I've tried extender, but I have same duration trouble on macro for dishnetwork's RC and another RC as other topic talk about - TOO FAST.

I think I need to turn off all functions of extender back to original macro function, just use new address in extender. Can I do it?
You could probably do something with the extender to slow it down by putting pauses in certain areas of the code. You would do much better by using the PAUSE protocol and inserting it between button codes. Alternatively you could create a macro on an unused button with 3 or 4 of another unused button in it and place that macro between the button codes in your macros. You can add or removed the buttons in the macro to slow it down more or speed it up when you figure out how much you need to slow it down.
xgamer123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

=======================
This protocol allows to insert a variable length pause inside a macro.
The protocol works on all S3C8 based remotes ( 15-1994, RCU-810, URC-7560, etc.)
Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FB (S3C80)
00 00 01 E4 03 C2 C6 C0 00 00 0A FE 1A FC 2A FA
AF
End
Upgrade code 0 = 1C 50 (TV/1104) <=Device=TV, Setup Code=1104
FB 00 01
End
=======================
Here's a protocol for doing a variable-length pause on any of the P8 remotes
(8080, 8090, 8800, 9800, 15-1995, 5550, Maestro):

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FB (740)
00 00 01 A5 5D A0 50 22 42 1A D0 F9 60
End
=======================

I found this two 01FB protocol ID for pause function, but they conflict 01FB ID with extender's. Is it same function as pause in extender? Or I need to change one of this protocol ID for my own?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 01FB protocol in the extender is probably the same and is pause. In the readme for the extender it should tell you how to use it.
wwwoholic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:

Do you mean DishPlayer protocol? If so, then in my case the trouble was with signal duration, not with pauses in between. The problem presented itself even outside of a macro, by requiring somewhat longer keypress to work reliable. In extended remote macro didn't work at all. The workaround that worked for me was to create device upgrade using Device Combiner protocol with DishPlayer inside. Delay value of 3-4 was enough to make buttons work reliable in macro. You do not have to put all keys into upgrade, just those used in macro (Power in my case).
xgamer123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nils_Ekberg,

I've tested original 1FB in extender, that doesn't work. The new pause function that I've posted is working for me.

@wwwoholic,

Yes, I found it. The extender send signal duration is not enough on some IR receiver. The 8910 & 8017 extender all not user friendly for me. And, I don't like 8910 extender takes way learning function. That's why I only want to move some space for key moves. If you can e-mail me for your device combine upgrade. That'll save time to study it.
wwwoholic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:
If you can e-mail me for your device combine upgrade. That'll save time to study it.

Sorry, was busy relaxing Smile ... found your post just now.
Do you still need that example? I can mail it tonight.
xgamer123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks for your reply. I want to test device combine upgrade.
wwwoholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded it into Yahoo Diagnosis Area under the name dcupgrade.zip. Please, let me know when I can delete it.
xgamer123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwwoholic,

Thanks, I've downloaded it. I think you can move it to other forum for other ppls. Many newbies need many helps, they will thanks to you too.

BTW, I found one trick to use 0x400~0x7ff learning memory for my URC-8017 without extender. I copied 8910s learning codes to 8017 by HEX Workshop. That's all. I can use learning codes on none-learning 8017. Yea!
wwwoholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! This probably defeats the purpose of device upgrades but on the other hand helps support OEMs with unknown yet protocols. Good thing they did not modify software to disable checking of learning memory address.
xgamer123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's lucky to use these memory for unknown protocol. One more thing, you'll need to update checksum when you open added 8017 data file by IR. IR'll tell you new checksum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: