JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Magnavox 37MF321D/37, 37 Inch LCD TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bizzybody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Magnavox 37MF321D/37, 37 Inch LCD TV Reply with quote

Just got this TV on clearance from Wal-Mart's display rack, no remote or manual. $598.00 :)

Code:

1. Device: Magnavox 37MF321D/37 (not the /37B)
2. Type of device: LCD widescreen TV
3. Year: 2006
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 15-2104
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes, homebrew LPT
6. Still have original remote? no
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
9. Partially working setup code? TV 0054
10. Learning remote question? n/a

I also have a Millennium 4 remote, MKT476-A00 under the slide,
S014801
4MDXXXB04, in the battery compartment.

The 0054 code works on both remotes, at least as far as power, volume and direct broadcast channel number entry.
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if any of Rob's codes here http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?TV_0054 are of any use to that tv.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you're inclined to build your own upgrade rather than try keymoves, TV/0054 uses the RC5 protocol, with devices 0, 3, and 100. Read the protocol Help carefully using this upgrade, but the EFCs from the page above should work fine if you set up the upgrade and devices properly.

If, as you say, you checked the file section, then you have already seen a bunch of Magnavox TV upgrades. Have you tried any of them?

You should be able to use almost any of the Phillips or Magnavox TV files in the file section as a starting point (like THIS ONE), but it only uses Device 0, so you would have to add the others or THIS ONE which seems to be a bit more comprehensive. The only thing I would point out is that the EFCs from the page linked above may not work within the latter upgrade because it has devices 3 and 100 swapped, but the upgrade seems rather complete, so you should not need any codes from that Advanced Codes page.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
bizzybody

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That gives me things to fiddle around with*. Thanks. Smile Could be the same codes as the Magnavox ones in the files section for the smaller and larger LCD widescreens.

One main thing on my remotes will be mapping a "." button which is needed to directly enter digital broadcast channels. Without a . button I have to enter the analog channel, like 4, then use the channel down to get to 4.1, 4.2 etc.

*I made the files for the older JVC recievers with no DVD input, which aren't 100% sympatico with any JVC code in JP1 remotes. Once I get this TV working, my next project will be learning the codes from my Toshiba VCR/DVD player combo. (It plays DivX and XVid too!) I got some response on the VCR part from one code, but nada for the DVD side. Will be posting on that when I get a round tuit.
bizzybody

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at what's available on the files section, and the advanced codes for 0054.

What's the code for the decimal point button? None of the files I loaded into RM and KM assign anything to the 15-2104's +100 button and have no code for a . button. I want to use the +100 for the . button.

The manual I downloaded from Magnavox for this TV says 37MF231D/331D/321D on the first page, so codes for those are likely the same.

Here's what the original remote looks like, from the PDF manual.
http://members.aceweb.com/gregg1/remote.png

And here's a site with a color pic, and a list of all the Magnavox TVs it works with, none shown in the files section.
http://www.philips.newremotecontrol.com/catalog_item.php?catnum=313923812851

Looks like I'll have to buy a remote and learn the codes from it to get the . and other buttons to add to the 0054 code.
$17.95 is way better than the $45 Magnavox wants!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could (noting the risks involved) attempt a manual code search.

Examine your upgrade and note which OBCs are unused in each of the three device numbers - make a note of areas where a number of consecutive OBCs are used, and then look for some gaps and start your search there, but note all unused OBCs from 000-127. You can then build an upgrade/upgrades to test all of the unused OBCs. If it exists, you should find the right code that way.

As for the risks, it is conceivable (I consider it an extremely small risk) that you may stumble across a code that performs some sort of Master Reset of your TV. I have heard worst case horror stories about folks completely rendering their TVs useless, requiring a service call to restore it to operability. Having said that, I have done such code searches on an NEC Plasma TV and a JVC CRT TV and have had no such problems (although I DID discover the Service Menu on the JVC, where one must tread very carefully). So you pays your money, and you takes your chances.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
glikness

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

post deleted because of final working protocol.
tv-ge
reciever-pioneer
ota-usdtv
dvd-pioneer dv503

Last edited by glikness on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
glikness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit:latest greatest,uploaded to file section.
learned keys that wouldnt work with keymaster are:
Previous channel

learned keys with rc6 and asysnc6:496-506......protocol are previous channel.

bizzybody-thanks for remote link.with that link,people can see the remotes and if they apply to them!
tv-ge
reciever-pioneer
ota-usdtv
dvd-pioneer dv503

Last edited by glikness on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
bizzybody

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remote I got is the RC1113125/01B. It'll be interesting to try the extra buttons from the RC2023608/01B remote to see if there are "hidden" features in my TV. Wink

Now if only Magnavox would release an updated firmware so people can have the volume indicator without having to put up with the channel/input number onscreen for ages on end!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: