JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Frustrated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,

For the TV to get to the directTivo, how many a/b video toggles does it take from the tuner input (regular TV channels).

Also what does the macro on 3s do. It looks like a shutdown macro but it issues five a/b video toggles first. What input does that get it back to?
es114

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

No toggles for the tivo to get to the Sony as it's on video 1. It takes one toggle on the Macro 2s for the DVD to see the A/R receiver input on the sony tv and you're right on Macro 3s: it turns off all and resets the tv to video one by 5 toggles so it can address Macro 1s: just the tivo and TV. I did this so my wife wouldn't scream at me when she turns on the TV/SAT after we watched a DVD. Make sense?

Eric
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded 4e-upgrades2.txt and I have deleted the learned comamnds and assigned the proper ones back to the same keys with key moves. Make sure you have saved your current configuration in IR and just upload 4e-upgrades2.txt

I then added some macros to give you an idea what you can do.

They all work with shifted device (press and release the p key first) commands. So shift CBL/SAT should turn on the TV, DirecTiVo, receiver and set the inputs for both the TV and receiver. Likewise for shift-VCR the DVD and shift-Aux2 the VCR and shift-CD the CD player.

shift-Power turns everything off.

I don't know whether the DVD, VCR, or CD respond to discrete power commands or not but if they do it will be the ones assigned.

Since all the inputs for the TV and receiver are discrete commands you should not have any problems with trying to use toggles.

I also reassigned VPT to the receiver, so that in each case at the end of the macro all the keys should be set so that the receiver will control the volume.

Just try it out and ask questions. If it works reasonably well I can send you the device upgrades so you will have them. Setting up Marantz is always a pain so I just did it for you.
es114

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

Thanks, you da man. A lot to absorb. I will work on this and repor back. Thanks again for caring and helping babes like me.

Should take a day or so but I will get back to you.

Eric
es114

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

I see what you're trying to do. This is what happened:

1)Shift cbl/sat turned on the marantz to FM, the tv on, but the sony directv/tivo stayed off.

2)Shift VCR turns on the Marantz correctly, the DVD correctly. The TV comes on but doesn't toggle over to the right video input.

3) Shift CD doesnt' do anything as I forgot to tell you the CD is plugged into the Marantz so that must go on first.

4) Shift Power turns all off except the Marantz.

5) The discrete power controls seem to work as well as the button codes to toggle the Marantz.

Eric
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

es114 wrote:

1)Shift cbl/sat turned on the marantz to FM, the tv on, but the sony directv/tivo stayed off.

I used the wrong input key on the Tuner

Quote:

2)Shift VCR turns on the Marantz correctly, the DVD correctly. The TV comes on but doesn't toggle over to the right video input.

What video input does it set on the TV, what should it be?

Quote:

3) Shift CD doesnt' do anything as I forgot to tell you the CD is plugged into the Marantz so that must go on first.

I forgot to assign it to the SHIFT-CD key just the CD key which does nothing in an unextended remote

Quote:

4) Shift Power turns all off except the Marantz.

Thy that a few times in sequence (issue the command more than once and see if it turns off), it may have just missed the command

I corrected 1 and 3 and uploaded as 4e-upgrades3.txt
es114

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

#2 should have one toggle on A/B video.

Thanks,

Eric
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,

I need a little more information and I'll try to get all the corrections in on the next iteration.

1. Verify Video Inputs on the Sony TV:
In TV mode shift-1, shift-2 and shift-3 are discrete inputs for video-1,2, and 3 for the Sony TV. Try doing that manually and tell me which which input is what. Put a DVD in the DVD player and Video Tape in the VCR and have both running and make sure the DirecTiVo is on and tuned to a satellite channel.

BTW, there is a trick to shifted numeral keys, you have to press p twice before the numeral (p-p-1 is video 1 etc.)

2. Test other Macro's
a. Does the shift-Aux2 macro work OK?
b. Does shift-CBL/SAT now turn on the DirecTiVo?
c. Does shift-power turn off the Marantz receiver.
d. Does shift-CD work?

If one of those appears not to work completely try it several times. I am trying to figure out wheteher it is mssing a command or that the command is the wrong one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: