JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Frustrated
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
es114

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Frustrated Reply with quote

Following instructions for hours but cannot figure out how to program. Have the JP1 connector and can upload easily but cannot figure out how to use keymap master. The beginners instructions no longer match the latest files. How can I get this done? Crying or Very sad

Eric
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While JP1 for Beginner's is a bit outdated, the concepts are still the same. What specifically are you having trouble with?
es114

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To some degree. For example, the instructions indicate to cut and paste EFC codes all at once. But I notice 255 codes in for colums and only 40 some odd locations on my 15-1994. I may be dense but this is just one of many. Maybe a phone call.

Thanks,

Eric
silron1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reccomend Mark's post of Nov 30th as a real non-tech layout of procedures to follow in getting started.

Ron
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're confusing Functions with Buttons. While most Setup Codes support up to 256 EFC's, how many can actually be assigned to buttons is based on the selected remote.

On the Functions sheet is where you define the available funtions by entering the EFC's (or OBC's). Then, on the Buttons sheet, you assign those functions to the desired buttons.

It would probably help to know what remote you're trying to program, as well as what device(s) you need upgrades for.
es114

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Have a 15-1994. Trying to upgrade and older Sony cd changer I no longer can locate the remote for. This would be my first test case then onto my Marantz sr92.

Which efc's do you choose in the device code list of 255 against which functions from the 15-1994?

Thanks,

Eric
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

es114 wrote:
To some degree. For example, the instructions indicate to cut and paste EFC codes all at once. But I notice 255 codes in for colums and only 40 some odd locations on my 15-1994. I may be dense but this is just one of many.

Where is it suggesting that you cut & paste these EFCs from and to?

Let's take a couple of steps back. Chances are that there is already an upgrade created for whatever device it is you are trying to program, so first things first, look in the file section at Yahoo.

If you find an upgrade, save it to your HD then use KM's LOAD button to load it up.

If you need to create an upgrade from scratch, learn the buttons using your JP1 learning remote, then enter the info one code at a time in KM.
es114

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut and paste comes from Tyler's instructions. I did try the load button but it doesn't seem to work. I did enable the toolpak though.

Eric
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

es114 wrote:
Which efc's do you choose in the device code list of 255 against which functions from the 15-1994?

What is the source of this code list you're referring to?

As for the 1994 functions, there really aren't any. What you see on the Functions sheet is just a listing of default names. You can use them as is, or you can edit them to names more meaningful to yourself. Then you assign the appropriate EFC to the appropriate function.

For example, if you want the "play" function to use EFC "123", enter "123" in the EFC column next to "play". To assign the "play" function to the "play" button, go to the Buttons sheet, find the button named "play", and in the Normal Function column, use the in-cell drop-down to select the "play" function. Remember, even though both the function and button use the same term ("play"), they're really 2 different entities.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

es114 wrote:
Cut and paste comes from Tyler's instructions.

That only applies when you've located a Setup Code that you want to use in the devices4.xls spreadsheet. Codes located by other means generally need to be input manually.

Quote:
I did try the load button but it doesn't seem to work. I did enable the toolpak though.

Did you enable macros when you opened KM? If you weren't prompted, then you need to check the Excel security settings to make sure macros are enabled. The command buttons in KM will NOT work when macros are disabled.
es114

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

The code list is in KM, last tab. Are you saying I can use any efc code for any function? Don't follow. Must be dense. I will catch on but the light bulb hasn't come on yet.

I assumed the code list in KM had to be place against the functions and then the buttons. I must have missed something. Still am.

Thanks,

Eric
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

es114 wrote:
Trying to upgrade and older Sony cd changer
Eric, what model number is your sony?
JP1Files
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

es114 wrote:
The code list is in KM, last tab. Are you saying I can use any efc code for any function?

First of all, have you read the "keymap-master-readme.txt" file? It explains what all the various input fields and different sheets are, and what they're used for.

The Code List sheet doesn't allow any data input. It's a reference-only sheet, and should be entirely blank when KM is first opened. For now, as a beginner, you should ignore that sheet altogether.

You create the functions by entering the EFC's that match your device on the Functions sheet. Before you do that, however, you need to know the Protocol and any device/parameter values required by it. This information is entered on the Setup sheet, along with selecting the proper remote, device type, setup code, etc.
es114

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Model number of sony is cdp c331.

Went into security and reduced it to low. Still can't enable macros. Using Excel 2000.

Eric
es114

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Read the readme.txt. What efc's do I enter? I filled in the setup page as best I could which I also found confusing. Is my sony a 12/15, 20 or combo or NEC1? None of this is stated. It appears that 0000 device code is correct.

Where would I find the right EFC's?

Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: