JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15-2117 help - RC5 protocol
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thank you Rob!
I'll try using that on the remote...but how did you come up with that, or better yet how can I figure that out on my own?

If it's too hard to explain maybe you can decifer these others:

1. Protocol = RC5, RC5 device code is 17, OBC=63, EFC=same as CD

2. Protocol = RC5, RC5 device code = 18, OBC=63, EFC=same

3. Protocol = RC5, RC5 device code = 21, same OBC, same EFC

Thanks again for your help! Very Happy
Ed
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, there isn't a match in the 15-2117 for device codes 17 and 18, so you'll need to create an upgrade to program those, but there are two matches for device code 21, those being...

PHONO/0188 and
AMP/0256

Device code 21 is the first device code in PHONO/0188, so the correct EFC is 018. With AMP/0256 it's the second device code so the correct EFC is 010.

In other remotes, RCVR/0189 is a match for device code 17 (where 018 is the EFC) and TAPE/0029 is a match for device code 18 (where 018 is also the EFC).
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 15-2117 help - RC5 protocol Reply with quote

EdA wrote:

The Philips original remote has a specific button for "tuner", another for "CD", another for "Aux", and one for "power". When one of the device keys is pressed the receiver turns on and goes into that specific device mode (sounds like the original remote button is a macro).

I wasn't able to follow everything in this thread, but to help me understand other Philips devices, please confirm (or correct) my understanding of what you discovered after the above quote:

The orriginal receiver remote is not sending a macro when you press one of those select buttons. Instead it is sending just the single command with OBC number 63. But it sends that command with a different device number (not the device number used by most of the receiver commands). I assume it is the device number of some Philips device of the selected type.

Each of those command 63's acts as both a discrete on and a discrete input select for the receiver. I'd guess it also acts as a discrete on for the other Philips device which uses its device number.
EdA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
you 'da man!! Thank you!
Now that I know the codes I'll tackle the upgrade through KM. Thanks again! Very Happy

johnsfine,
I believe you are correct. I should not have put "macro" in that explanation...what I was trying to describe was that the one press of the button was sending out two signals. And in my rudimentary world I was making that analogous to a macro. Thanks for the clarification.

JP1 forum RULES!!!

Thanks,
Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: