JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Help Modifying Outlaw RDF Memory Map

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Need Help Modifying Outlaw RDF Memory Map Reply with quote

Hello -

I have both an Outlaw remote and a Catalyst 48 remote, which is the OEM version of the Outlaw. I have been playing around with RM and IR using the Outlaw RDF for both remotes.

However when programming the Catalyst 48, I have found that Key Moves do not work. After searching the archives I found the following information from Johnsfine:

Quote:
The MCU hard codes the start and end of the KeyMove/Macro area and strictly requires all KeyMoves/Macros to lie contiguously between those.

The MCU hard codes the start and end of the Learned signals area and strictly requires all learned signals to lie contiguously between those.

The MCU hard codes the location of the root object of the upgrade area but does not in any way constrain the location, sequence or contiguity of any other objects in the upgrade area.

Based on this, I would assume that the memory address for the KeyMove/Macro area is different between the Outlaw and the Catalyst 48. The upgrade area must be the same, as upgrades work. I don't know about the Learned area, as I have not tried that. (I don't even know if this remote supports learning.)

So my question is how do I test the Catalyst 48 to find out what the correct memory map is? (Then I can just modify the Outlaw RDF.)

Thanks in advance!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the C48 support manually programmed keymoves (ie, using the remote, NOT IR.exe)? If so, do a 980 reset on the remote (to erase any keymoves or macros that might be programmed) and download the memory using IR.exe. Then go to IR's Tools menu and select "Set Baseline". Then program a keymove on the remote and download again. In IR's Raw Data tab, the keymove should be highlighted RED, this will tell you where the start of the keymove area is.
ricara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the blazing fast reply! I tried it with the Outlaw and the first changed byte was at 28h, as would be expected from the RDF. I tried it with the Catalyst 48 and the first changed byte was at 27h.

It seems odd that they would change this by *one* byte! Surprised

What other tests should I do to make sure that the memory map is correct in the RDF for this version of the Catalyst 48?

Thanks!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricara wrote:

It seems odd that they would change this by *one* byte! Surprised

It isn't "odd". It is typical.

The version supported by the Outlaw RDF has some feature (which whoever made the outlaw RDF failed to notice) that uses the byte at 27.

The other version lacks that feature (apparently not a very important feature) so the KeyMove are starts one byte earlier.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, it's also possible (much less likely) that some other one byte feature makes the difference. In that case some or all of those VPT settings on the general tab of IR will do the wrong things. You might want to test those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: