JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can I Key Move to the Setup Button?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Can I Key Move to the Setup Button? Reply with quote

Hello -

Sorry if this question has been asked 1000 times before. I searched the archives as best I could and couldn't find an answer. The closest thing I found was in the "JP-1 for Beginners" document, where it says:

"For example, using IR you can "apparently" program
Key Moves to the actual Device buttons. But when you upload this data to the remote you'll find it just doesn't work."

So is this true for the Setup button as well?

I am using RM with an Outlaw remote and trying to map a function to the Setup button. Everything looks like it's working in the program (and in IR also). When I press the button, the red "Transmit" LED lights up but monitoring the IR receiver in the DVD player with an oscilloscope shows that no signal is being sent whatsoever.

Thanks for your help!
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I Key Move to the Setup Button? Reply with quote

QUESTION by ricara wrote:
Using IR you can attempt to program Key Moves to the actual Device buttons, but they do not work." Is this true for the Setup button as well?"
ANSWER by ricara wrote:
Using RM I mapped a function to the Setup button. When I press the button, the IR shows that no signal is being sent whatsoever.

Sorry ricara, I could not resist. My sincerest apologies! Twisted Evil
JP1Files
ricara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I know it was probably a dumb question, but I'm so new at this that I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong.

So here is my next dumb question -- why does the RM program let me think I can do something that really can't be done? Changing this behavior would at the very least save people the trouble of answering dumb questions like mine! Very Happy

Thanks!
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricara wrote:
why does the RM program let me think I can do something that really can't be done? Changing this behavior would at the very least save people the trouble of answering dumb questions like mine! Very Happy

Thanks!
Under the current design IR, RM, and KM lets you do anyting with any button not considering whether it will work or not. However, with the current release of IR and RM a new feature was added that the person that builds the RDF can set a parameter on the button to restrict it's usage. As time permits I will be adding that feature to the current RDF's but it will not happen overnight.
ricara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nils -

Thanks for the update. I can appreciate that it will take some time to change all 100+ RDFs. We all applaud your efforts!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: