JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR: Prototype IR function in RM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Only a few more keys:

- Delete for Remove in the Macro popup
- Ctrl+D for Clone

Not a keyboard thing, but Double click Available key to Add in Macro popup. Shifted double-click to Add Shifted (if possible). If not too much trouble, double click would insert instead of add if a command on the right is highlighted. Don't spend any time on this if it's going to be complicated. Just a wish list item really.

All done, subject to further testing. I have also put in tooltips that should let users know of these new alternatives to the panel buttons. I hope to post a new build tomorrow with this in. It was light relief compared to the tooltip stuff that Liz landed me with Evil or Very Mad .
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now put RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 build 10 on SourceForge, with a complete package and an update one for any earlier build of Alpha 28.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham. Double click, shifted double click and insert working beautifully. Delete working in RMIR. But I think you missed adding Delete to the Delete button on the Functions tab in RM. Nothing happens when I pick a row number and press the Del key. Del for Remove does work on the Buttons tab though. And multiple selection on the Functions tab works fine.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I think you missed adding Delete to the Delete button on the Functions tab in RM.

Yes, I realised this just after posting it Embarassed . Will fix it for next time. If you spot any other omissions, do let me know.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to go through every tab and popup and ran across a few more:

-Favorites tab for Xsight: Delete buttons in Profiles frame and Favorites Macros frame.
- Activities tab for Xsight: Delete buttons in Assist frames.
-Double click add from Macro popup should probably be added to Fav/scan popup too.
-Same for Special Functions popup (didn't ask for this originally, but would make all such popups consistent)
- In RM Delete key missing from button on External Functions tab

I wouldn't add it to the Power Macro popup as that doesn't make sense on a drop down list. And I wouldn't add it to the Delete Activity button on the Activities tab since it would be ambiguous.

I think that's it.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build 10, four things. They might belong in Extenders or General, but I don't know.

Atlas OCAP 1056, 981 and 980 reset, downloaded into IR and RMIR and saved. Files' Hex sections are identical, checksums match.

(1) RMIR: When I loaded it into RMIR , it had one extra line on right side of the General tab, in Settings column.
It was for "Byte1C", value=15. No such line in the .IR download.
Maybe has to do with need for other jp1.3 remotes to display 14 rows. What might Byte1C be? It's at $61C in raw data.

(2) RMIR: I wanted to use Install Extender for JP1.3 common extender.
The message said Extender is not for this remote. I probably goofed up someplace, don't know where, so I did the extender job in IR just fine.

(3) RM: I'm slowly moving Atlas upgrades from extender 2.11 to 3.02. So far I've hit a strange translation.

In v2.11 are 2 functions assigned to Phantoms 2 and 3, buttons $C1 and $C2, like this from the Output tab of RM:
Quote:
C1 F0 04 17 EA 01 0A«DiscreteOFF: also turns off HDMI gear»¦
C2 F0 04 17 EA 81 06«DiscreteON: Only TV no related gear»

v2.11 RDF:
Phantom1=$C0:Shift+XShift,Phantom2,Phantom3,Phantom4,Phantom5,Phantom6,Phantom7,Phantom8,Phantom9,Phantom10

In v3.02 the same functions are assigned to Phantom 2 and 3, buttons $68 and $69 which is correct.
Quote:
68 F0 04 17 EA 01 0A«DiscreteOFF: also turns off HDMI gear»¦
69 F0 04 17 EA 81 06«DiscreteON: Only TV no related gear»

But in v3.02 $68 and $69 go onto X-shift List and Up on the Buttons tab, but not on the Layout for X-shift. X-shift List and Up are $E8 and $E9. Not $68-69.
When this new goofy .rmdu is pushed into RMIR, the shaded keymoves are correct, no trace of List or Up, yet Device Editor lists them.
v3.02 RDF:
Phantom2=$68:Shift+XShift,Phantom3,Phantom4,Phantom5,Phantom6,Phantom7,Phantom8,Phantom9,Phantom10

(4) RDF?: In v2.11 there was a Deactivate function in the RDF. v3.02 doesn't have it. I plan to do a keymove for a real button TV/someButton=TV/1800 hex 01 0A but how do I know this won't fry the remote or leave me with no means to unactivate?

Should I upload any files, if so, which would be useful and not confuse things?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz,
About Byte1C--many of the UEI remotes need some values in E2 memory to be set to acceptable values in order to function properly. With IR.exe we always download from the remote--perhaps after a 981 reset--before uploading upgrades. RMIR allows the possibility to load a new remote image without downloading from the remote. I find this useful when trying to understand a user's problem with a remote which I don't own. However, typically our RDF files don't include the necessary information to tell RMIR about any of the values which must be set acceptably. The Atlas 3033 remote won't work if E2 location $61C contains $FF, so the RDF file includes a reference to Byte1C, and RMIR sets $61C to the value it has in a reset remote. The Atlas 1056, Comcast 1067BX3, and RCA RCRP05B all have RDF files with have a ByteXX notation (because I own them and can do the experimentation to find out the critical bytes).
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! I see it now in both RDFs - for Atlas and RCA unextended. And the downloads into IR after 981 reset I did in 2009 and 2010 had those bytes filled as you want them, but I didn't see ByteXX entities in IR, and still don't.

One of those RDF correction you made was in Dec.2010. It's good you remembered, because I did not Sad and never really paid attention to it. Thanks a bunch. Another puzzle solved Smile
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build 11 is coming shortly. I hope it deals with all the currently outstanding matters. Here are some replies to points raised above.

@Liz
ElizabethD wrote:
(2) RMIR: I wanted to use Install Extender for JP1.3 common extender.
The message said Extender is not for this remote. I probably goofed up someplace, don't know where, so I did the extender job in IR just fine.

Liz, IR has no checks on whether the extender you are installing is compatible with the remote you are using. I wanted RMIR to do better than that, so it checks whether the signature of the remote is either (a) that of the remote that the extender is intended for (taken from the extender RDF) or (b) is the same as that of the extender. Case (a) means it is a new installation, case (b) means you have a different version of the same extender. If either are true, it lets you go ahead. Otherwise it gives the error message you saw.

So I assume you were installing the Common Extender v3.02 in a remote that had, say 2.11 installed. However, unclemiltie has changed the extender signature between these versions. For Atlas OCAP v2.11 had signature 3A333A33, for v3.02 it is 3X333X33. His ReadMe for the Common Extenders says

Quote:
It is not possible to use an existing extended IR file to upgrade the version of the extender. There is just too much that has to change and the tools don't know where all of those changes need to be. If you are upgrading to a new extender version it is recommended that you start from scratch and install your devices, macros, keymoves and special functions into that new file.

My reading of this is that RMIR was right to stop you from installing it, and that perhaps some of the problems you have with v3.02 are the result of installing it with IR over v2.11. However, I have now put one further check into RMIR. If the extender signatures differ but both old and new extenders are for the same remote (which is your case), RMIR now issues a warning and asks if you want to continue.

On your point (1), the fact that the Byte1C entry is missing from Settings in IR suggests that IR is using an earlier version of the RDF than is RMIR. Both IR amd RMIR should display every entry listed in the [Settings] section of the RDF. Your points (3) and (4) seem to relate to the operation of the Common Extender. That is nothing to do with RMIR and I know nothing about unclemiltie's extenders. You may be better off asking them again in the Extenders forum.

@mdavej Dave, I have tried to deal with the missing key/mouse operations. The mouse actions are fine, but key actions have proved more of an issue than I first thought. The intention, as I see it, is to make the Delete key behave exactly the same as the Delete button on the RMIR tab. However, a keystroke is only processed by a table when that table has the focus, so there were times when the Delete button would work but the Delete key would not. There was also an issue with tabs such as Favorites that have more than one Delete button. There were situations where it was not clear, just from looking at the screen, which Delete action would be performed by the Delete key.

I have resolved this by making the Delete buttons be enabled only when the table they refer to has the focus. In this way at most one Delete button can be enabled on tabs that have multiple Delete buttons. It is therefore always clear which action will be performed by the Delete key, it is that of the enabled Delete button. It means, however, that there are times when you might expect the Delete button to be enabled when it is not, as some other component has the focus. It is only necessary to click on the table entry again to restore the focus and the action of the Delete button and key. Other buttons (other than Clone, which now behaves the same way as it has the Ctrl/D equivalent) still remain active when the table has lost the focus.

A related issue is that I have removed support for the Insert key giving the New action. An empty table cannot be given the focus, so if the New button is disabled when the table has lost the focus (as with Delete and Clone) then there would be no way of adding an entry to an empty table.

@3FG
3FG wrote:
With IR.exe we always download from the remote--perhaps after a 981 reset--before uploading upgrades. RMIR allows the possibility to load a new remote image without downloading from the remote.

Dave, I think you are mis-remembering. IR.exe has always had the capability of creating a new remote image for any remote with File/New or the corresponding icon. This was something missing from RMIR when I first got involved with it and one of my early additions was to add the New facility to RMIR to bring it closer to the capabilities of IR.exe.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, dear, I sorted it out. User error - my fault on items (1) and (2). I plead guilty and I'm very sorry about that, honest.

Re (1): This Byte1C row was due to the wrong RDF, something with "Corrected" in name I downloaded earlier, stuck it in your RDF directory and I think the correct ones didn't show up then, but I don't recall.
When I used correct RDF of 2/4/15, Byte1C line is no longer in the other settings of RMIR.
And both IR and RMIR have $F at $61C as 3FG expected when a fresh unextended state downloads.
Re (2): Failed installation of extender - also because of the same wrong RDF. I guess, and I think you just confirmed, that IR didn't care. I repeated the installation in RMIR today, and had no issues whatsoever.

I was NOT installing extender 3.02 over 2.11. As I wrote earlier, I was installing 3.02 over the downloaded state after 981 reset as Bill instructed in his Readme.

Item (3) of strange translations is a grey area. I don't know what's done due to the extender code and what's done by IR or RMIR. It's no big deal, just odd and I don't even bother fixing it. Might ask in the extender forum.
Item (4) solved. I took a chance, made a pressable button keymove and can deactivate and activate all I want. I've been playing with it since yesterday and really enjoy the new keyboard support mdavej asked for.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New minor item: Strange delays - tab titles may not switch which tab is in the foreground (active) after edit.
To replicate:
1. Select Special Functions tab. Edit, or pretend to by clicking OK, on any Special Function. Now click on Macros tab. Macros are displayed. Special Functions tab is still in the foreground. Second selection of the Macro tab corrects the display.
Now in the other direction,
2. Select Macro tab. Edit any macro. Now click Special Function tab. SPs are displayed. But Macros tab is still in the foreground, until correct by clicking Special Functions tab again.
3. Follow the same procedure for keymoves. Edit one. Switch to Macro ... etc.

If you can't replicate first time around, try it again. It happens more often than not. It depends what tab was active when you start.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now put RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 build 11 on SourceForge, with a complete package and an update one for any earlier build of Alpha 28. Build 10 is still available there in case there are issues with build 11. Unzipping the build 10 upgrade package into a build 11 installation will downgrade it to build 10, should that be necessary.

I have kept changing my mind about how key support for Delete, New etc should work in RMIR. Further to my previous post I have now restored Insert key for New in tabs where there is only one New button. All buttons with key equivalents should now have tooltips explaining any limitations.

Liz, as usual you have come up with something new just as I was posting the latest build, so it does not take account of your latest comments.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
1. Select Special Functions tab. Edit, or pretend to by clicking OK, on any Special Function. Now click on Macros tab. Macros are displayed. Special Functions tab is still in the foreground. Second selection of the Macro tab corrects the display.

I have tried many times but cannot replicate this behaviour. When it next happens, could you see if any actions, other than re-selecting the tab, correct the tab display - such as clicking on or editing an entry in the new tab? Could you also look in rmaster.err to see if there is any error message, by which I mean a long traceback produced by the Java system rather than a one-liner from RMIR itself?

I find this behaviour difficult to understand, as it is clicking the tab that causes the new panel to appear. I could understand it if the tab changed but the panel did not appear, but the other way round is puzzling. It seems as if the tab display is not being refreshed, but without being able to replicate it, it is difficult to resolve.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we don't blame my new Atlas extender 302, I repeated on an older 6131 file.
Screenshot is after I edited a macro and clicked to go to SP.
Note that I'm already editing SP, yet the tab title says Macro.
Tab title did not switch after OK on that SP.
Haven't tried other things to correct, but resizing the window fixed the tab title.
Error log, in the middle, shows contract violation. Yikes.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13188
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're getting somewhere, knowing that there is some form of violation causing the problem, but the .err file doesn't give me enough info to go on. Could you post the .rmir file you were using, please, as I suspect the cause may be specific to some peculiarity in the setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 55 of 59

Jump to: