JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Directv h20
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattmac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Directv h20 Reply with quote

I have searched on end for an answer and couldn't find one.

Device:Directv H20 receiver
Type of device: satellite receiver
Year: 2005
JP1 Remote model: 15-2116
JP1 user? yes
Still have original remote? yes
Checked the file section? yes
Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
Partially working setup code? no
Learning remote question? receive error when I try to even get it to learn.

I would categorize myself as a beginner. I have upgraded 4 or 5 devices and uploaded two remotes without problem.

In an attempt to program a code for the H20, I have tried to upgrade the 1377 code for the D10 receiver. The remotes look similar. It has not worked. I cannot even get my remotes to learn any of the functions from the remote.

Any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your receiver set for RF? The H20 will accept RF & IR, but not at the same time. Change it to Ir, and retry code SAT 1377.
mattmac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo. It makes sense now, but never dawned on me this afternoon when I was trying everything else. I switched the remote and receiver back to IR, and it worked. For your notes I upgraded the 1377 code.

Thanks for the help Edmund.
darrinps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Hold on...that's exactly my scenario too. Reply with quote

mattmac wrote:
Bingo. It makes sense now, but never dawned on me this afternoon when I was trying everything else. I switched the remote and receiver back to IR, and it worked. For your notes I upgraded the 1377 code.

Thanks for the help Edmund.

OK, last night I was trying to get my RS 2116 to learn from my DirecTV H20 remote and no matter what I did the thing (the RS 2116) kept showing an error.

I already tried switching the receiver to IR (there is no way that I know of to set the remote to IR only though) and that did NOT help.

Are you saying ("Bingo") that you got the RS 2116 to "learn" from the H20 remote finally?

Are you working on an update using JP1 for the 2116?

I'd hate to have to invest a day or so to learn JP1, buy the cable, and try to upgrade the thing but if that is the only way to do it then I guess that is what I'll have to do, but man oh man there should be an easier way. The remote is supposed to be able to "learn" from other remotes (which it does for ALL my other remotes but the H20's).

Thanks
mattmac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo was that the file already created for the D10 receiver worked on my H20 when I changed the receiver from RF to IR. The code that is eventually used for the H20 is Sat. 1377. That code needs to be upgraded to the remote with the JP1.

Darrings, I never tried to learn any functions after I changed the receiver, as the upgraded code worked for me.

I will try to learn a random key when I get home tonight to see if that changed. Look for a reply after 9:00 central.
darrinps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmac wrote:
Bingo was that the file already created for the D10 receiver worked on my H20 when I changed the receiver from RF to IR. The code that is eventually used for the H20 is Sat. 1377. That code needs to be upgraded to the remote with the JP1.

Darrings, I never tried to learn any functions after I changed the receiver, as the upgraded code worked for me.

I will try to learn a random key when I get home tonight to see if that changed. Look for a reply after 9:00 central.

OK thanks!

Question though: So are you going to be posting an update file for this remote/sat combo any time soon? I might just order the cable, get familiar with RM and go that route if so.

Thanks!
mattmac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file for the Sat is already out there in the JP Files section. If you order the cable, you will be ready to go when you get it. I would love to claim I am ready to create files, but I'm not.

I am not working on any type of file. I was just going to determine whether my remote would learn the D20 remote functions if the Directv remote was set to IR.

If you order the cable, all the instructions and files for what you need are out there right now. When the receiver is set to the IR function, the 1377 code for the D10 receiver works well.
darrinps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmac wrote:
The file for the Sat is already out there in the JP Files section. If you order the cable, you will be ready to go when you get it. I would love to claim I am ready to create files, but I'm not.

I am not working on any type of file. I was just going to determine whether my remote would learn the D20 remote functions if the Directv remote was set to IR.

If you order the cable, all the instructions and files for what you need are out there right now. When the receiver is set to the IR function, the 1377 code for the D10 receiver works well.

OK, while I've got you on here can you step me though this just to make sure I understand?

1) Get the cable
2) Get the D20 rdmu file from the site
3) Get the RSL1RSL1 (RS 15-2117_2116).rdf file from the site
4) Fire up RemoteMaster
5) Specify RS 15-2116 as the remote type
6) Hit File Open then select the D20 rdmu upgrade file
7) Connect the remote to the cable and cable to the computer
8) Somehow (haven't figured it out yet) tell RemoteMaster to send the file
9) Do what with the 1377 code?

Now the only codes I know about are the ones that you can program into the remote to specify the manufacturer's device.

So do you upload the above files using RemoteMaster and then tell the remote to use code 1377 (hit P, hit down arrow, hit Sat key, type in 1377)?

Thanks!
darrinps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on...OK, I think I understand now.

I just downloaded the DirecTV_D10_SAT_1377_KM.txt file from the site, opened RM, set it to use KM (Open file) and then I saw the 1377 already there.

I assume that I just need to hit "Copy" and my remote will be programmed for the new sat.

Thanks!
mattmac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually used the key master program as opposed to road master. There are great instructions that make it really easy. Once you have done it, a code can be upgraded in about 1 minute. Here are the instructions. Download the proper files.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/ or
http://www.hifi-remote.com/files/help/JP1-Easy.pdf

Here is th name of the code you will need.
DirecTV_D10_SAT_1377_KM.txt

It is located in the files section, under codes, under satellite. Copy in the data, and upload the remote.
darrinps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I just placed an order for a cable so as soon as it makes it in....
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use either KM or RM with that upgrade file.

Instructions for using it with RM are at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm.shtml
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
darrinps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
You can use either KM or RM with that upgrade file.

Instructions for using it with RM are at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm.shtml

Yup...got em.

Thanks.
darrinps

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmac wrote:

Any luck learning the key? I tried again last night...same thing (ERROR).
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a H20 receiver, but I do have its remote, the Rc24. I taught my 2116 22 commands before running out of memory. They worked perfectly on my R15's. Which uses the same IR code as the H20 receiver.

To learn:

1. press and hold P
2. scroll down to IR LEARN
3. press SELECT
4. pick a key to learn to, and release
5. With the remotes head to head, press and hold key on the 2116, until the screen changes to SUCCESS,

repeat steps 4 & 5 for other keys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: