JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Buffalo Linktheatre DVD player

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Buffalo Linktheatre DVD player Reply with quote

I (partially) answered a slingbox question in the thread at
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-prontong/thread.cgi?6520,1#1

and I received a PCF file by email, with learned signals that match the protocol, device and subdevice of DVD/1058 (in the RS-2142). I don't have OBC numbers for DVD/1058 so I don't know if commands match. Some of the learned OBCs are:
0 -> power
10 -> TV Mode
27 -> Menu
64 -> digit 1
91 -> Open/Close

If any JP1 slingbox expert wants to pick up helping with this where my expertise leaves off, I'll manually extract a full OBC list from the PCF file.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the Slingbox binary files and the DVD/1058 code is included and I confirmed that it also uses NEC1 with a device code of 85.234. The Slingbox SBAV.cfg file lists this code as being for a Lite-On DVD player, so I checked the file section and the following Lite-On 2001 upgrade also uses that protocol and device code:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=586

I then used my Keymap Decoder spreadsheet to decode the bin file and the EFCs do match those in the Lite-On file.

So, bottom line, this user can indeed use DVD/1058 to work his Buffalo player. He can either select the Y1058 code directly via the "other" screen, or he can select the Lite-On brand.
m2r

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Thanks for the assistance... Reply with quote

Robman/johnsfine,

I posted this over on the remotecentral forum:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-prontong/thread.cgi?6520

Thanks!!
MR
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the assistance... Reply with quote

m2r wrote:
Thanks gents for the help. I have downloaded the file and fumbled my way thru the process to generate the .bin file. For the most part, the basic functions work. The only thing that I am confused on is the fact that there are some key buttons on my buffalo remote that aren't listed in the buttons that you drag over to the map, such as "setup" and "home" and "refresh" they aren't even listed.

When I built the pcf file, I learned every button on the remote, but the Y1058_pl.bin file or the jp1 .txt file that I "imported from clipboard" doesn't include these buttons. In fact, when I look at the buttons that you drag over from the "available functions" panel after importing, there are buttons that I don't recognize, like "A", "B", "C" & "D" or "mem card<->disc".

Is it not possible to convert the .pcf file to .bin file with all included buttons instead of relying on the Lite-on file?

One last question: Is it possible to rename the button labels on the remote that is displayed on the layout tab so that I can add these additional buttons?

Thanks for all your help on this guys!
MR

It's not clear from your reply whether you tried the DVD/1058 code that was supplied with the Slingbox to see how good that is, or whether you jumped right in and created your own upgrade.

Did you try creating a slingbox upgrade based on the Lite-On upgrade that I mentioned earlier, as that may well include all the buttons that you need.

If there are specific functions missing, can you dig out the Pronto hex for them from the PCF file and post it. We can convert that hex code into codes you can use in the upgrade.

As for editing the buttons names that you see on the SLingbox remote, the answer is yes, but I haven't done it myself, so I can't give you a step by step off the top of my head, but suffice to say that all you would need to do is edit the SBAV.cfg file. My advice would be to take a look at the SBAV.cfg file and see if you can figure it out for yourself (it shouldn't be too hard), then if you need help, post a question over in the remote control forum at http://www.slingcommunity.com
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decoded the whole pcf file and created a JP1 upgrade BuffaloLinkTheater based on it.

I compared it in more detail to the Liteon_LVD-2001_MPEG4_DVD_Player upgrade and there are a lot of important differences. I have no idea which (if either) matches the official DVD/1058.

The pcf file had two different functions named "audio". I included both in the upgrade. If one is misnamed, tell me so I can correct the name.

Also the pcf had perfect signals on every button except the digits 2 and 3, which were hopeless garbage. I used the obvious (sequential) OBC numbers for 2 and 3, since I couldn't get anything from their garbage in the PCF file.

Rob, if your KM file for the BuffaloLink is derived just from the Liteon, please delete it after we confirm that I didn't make any major blunders in the better one.

As before, I still have not looked into the process of getting from an rmdu file to a slingbox file. But is sounds like m2r understands that and Rob is of course the guru.

The Robman wrote:
It's not clear from your reply whether you tried the DVD/1058 code that was supplied with the Slingbox to see how good that is, or whether you jumped right in and created your own upgrade.

I'd also like to see the answer to that. But ...

The Robman wrote:

I then used my Keymap Decoder spreadsheet to decode the bin file and the EFCs do match those in the Lite-On file.

If that was a detailed enough comparison, then the Liteon must match DVD/1058 better than the Buffalo does, because only the basic functions (digits, transport control, etc.) match between the Liteon and the Buffalo.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
I decoded the whole pcf file and created a JP1 upgrade BuffaloLinkTheater based on it.

I'd like to create a code comparison spreadsheet that compares all three upgrades, but I can't read RMDU files. Do you still have the codes from the PCF in any other format?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just compared the OBCs between the DVD/1058 Slingbox file and the Lite-On 2001 upgrade and they're a perfect match.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

I'd like to create a code comparison spreadsheet that compares all three upgrades, but I can't read RMDU files. Do you still have the codes from the PCF in any other format?

I didn't, but copying from rdmu to xls is trivial.

I just did a quick copy/paste to a simple xls sheet comparing functions sorted by OBC between the two upgrades.

It needs tweaking if you want to line up the matching parts, but you know how to do Excel better than I do, so I stopped after copy/paste:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2758
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I can confirm that most of the non-standard buttons use different codes between the two players, which is surprising as all of the standard buttons use the same codes.

I have deleted the Buffalo link to the Lite-On file.
m2r

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: File? Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Thanks, I can confirm that most of the non-standard buttons use different codes between the two players, which is surprising as all of the standard buttons use the same codes.

I have deleted the Buffalo link to the Lite-On file.

I've recently upgraded to the Beta version, and I'm unable to edit the SBAV file because it doesn't open in my text editor.

Robman, would you be able to repost? I'd love to be able to get the non-standard buttons plugged into the .bin file so that I can get this thing working?

Anyway, I appreciate the help you guys have given me!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: File? Reply with quote

m2r wrote:
I've recently upgraded to the Beta version, and I'm unable to edit the SBAV file because it doesn't open in my text editor.

You can't use JP1 upgrades with the Slingbox if you're using the beta software, at least not yet.

m2r wrote:
Robman, would you be able to repost? I'd love to be able to get the non-standard buttons plugged into the .bin file so that I can get this thing working?

What would you like me to re-post? If you're looking for the Buffalo upgrade, here's the one that John created...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2757
m2r

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob! I thought per the previous post that it was removed due to some sort of investigation that was being done. I will use this one and I really appreciate your guys' help Very Happy
dburckh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Descrete Off Reply with quote

Descrete Off:

Hex CMD: $49
EFC: 072

Now if some can find a descrete on, it would be awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: