JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New with RM- everything works but the end result

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwcldwll

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: New with RM- everything works but the end result Reply with quote

Ive been away awhile enjoying my 15-2117 that was extensively upgraded with KM a couple of years ago. I just added a Samsung VCR/DVD-325 (recorder) so I thought I'd try the great looking RM. I loaded JRE, RM 1.40, IR6.15 on my XP computer and captured all the Samsung's keys with good success. (Protocol NECx2). Put them all in the RM listing and assigned them to keys- (boy, does that work nice!). I labeled the file 1111 and downloaded it to the remote which accepted it without a whimper.
But the remote wont operate the unit!-
I tried everything I can think of including changing the device types (from VCR to Cable to DVD etc), changing the label to 2000 (The remote does show the 2000 when the DVD key is selected), and going over the instructions line by line looking for my error.
I'm stumped and need a little advice. Hope someone can help.

Here is the code that RM generated. Protocol is 5A and fixed is 31 FF FF
5A 13 3E FE FE C9 31 FF FF B7 F7 ED 47 3D 73 E9
CB 4B 17 37 36 3D 55 67 57 D6 56 76 D7 A3 87 27
BTW- The 2117 remote works OK on all devices including the new Samsung using an old Samsung code as well as some learned keys from the new remote -so I'm pretty sure the problem isn't the remote itself.-
Thanks.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps some can analyze your upgrade as provided, but for me, it's mostly gibberish.

It would be more usefule for you to upload the files in question ((a)the IR file with the learned signals you are trying to replicate, (b) the RM file you created, and (c) the IR file in which you have added that upgrade, but doesn't seem to work) to the diagnostics area (see the "File Section" link at the top of this page to find it) and post a link to these files in this thread.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: I'm replacing my whole post here. It was too early in the moring and I misread the hex data and gave a totally wrong answer.

As Underquark said below, the hex data decodes as device 0, subdevice 0. That is incorrect. Fill in the correct device and subdevice on RM's setup sheet from the decodes.

Last edited by johnsfine on Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those hex bytes look like a valid upgrade but I can't find another match for that fixed data which suggests NECx2 protocol, Device 0, Subdevice 0.

Check that you have entered the correct protocol, device and subdevice numbers into KM. If you have (and it still doesn't work) then post your files to the Diagnosis Area as suggested by Capn Trips. And please post another message here providing a link to those files.

If you have made an error in entering the data and you can now get the upgrade working then please upload the upgrade to the appropriate area of the File Section and post another message here with a link to that upgrade to let everyone know that you have been sucessful.
jwcldwll

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: That's it! Reply with quote

I knew it was something dumb! Adding the device 5 and subdevice 5 made it work like a charm. Before reading your replies, I stripped it all out and just reentered part of the data to experiment further this morning. So while it's working now it is incomplete- when I get it all repopulated I'll upload to the file section and link it here.
Thanks to underquark and Johnsfine for the speedy and accurate help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, just FYI, when you select either the NECx1 or NECx2 protocol, the sub-device code will default to the device code if it's left blank, so you could get away with just entering the device code if you like.
jwcldwll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Samsung DVD VR-325 Reply with quote

The upgrade is woking great- thanks to all for the help.
It's posted here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=79
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: