JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nokia probs with my philips pronto pro ng tsu7000 (ru980)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bisterfinnen wrote:
i would say that the tsu 7000 is capable of sending the signals, we just have to figure out what ingredients to serve it.

My guess is the tsu 7000 is NOT capable of sending these signals. But it is just a guess.

bisterfinnen wrote:
We now have most ingredients of the receipt

I don't think so. Even if it can be made to send that signal, we won't figure that out flying blind. You need to know what it actually sends when you try something. The CaptureIR program and associated hardware are the best way to find out.

After knowing what the 7000 is sending, I think we'd need to be editing the XML version of the hex, not the Pronto Hex version in order to avoid losing the details in the translation.

That's a lot more "ingredients".

bisterfinnen wrote:

BTW, thanks John for your patience with me. As you can see noone at RC is at all interested in taking part in solving my problem.

I think they're just less willing to make unsubstantiated guesses about something neither I nor they know the answer to.

bisterfinnen wrote:

Were you familiar with the ITT protocol before i mentioned it?

I remember noticing long ago that it was the same structure but different timing as pid_2A. I think I decided to make DecodeIR distinguish them, but then forgot to do so.

I think Rob said the actual UEI executor 2A uses an spare bit to decide between two version of the timing. So probably DecodeIR and protocols.ini ought to be tweaked to get better support for this. Maybe even KM and devices.xls should be adjusted.

bisterfinnen wrote:

Next i'm going to examine some other protocols for nokia TV's that i have gathered in an old prontoedit that doesnt mangle the hex to see how these codes are built.

Other Nokia models use other protocols, which would tell nothing about how to make an NG Pronto send fast unmodulated signals.
bisterfinnen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of thousands of learned codes from the original remote manage to make the "receiving" led on the tv flash while pressing the pronto button.

Is this positive in any other way than the fact that the pronto says something that the tv reacts to?
bisterfinnen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this info help me in any way?

The UDB

8000 0000 0002 0000 000D 01D9 00YZ 0000

Where 00YZ is

Off 0001
On 0002
p- 0003
p+ 0004
Mute 0005
vol- 0006
vol+ 0007
0 0008
1 0009
2 000a
3 000b
4 000c
5 000d
6 000e
7 000f
8 0010
9 0011
i 001f
ideal 0024
Size 002f
10+/-/-- 0044/0045
Extr./blue 0053
Audio/green 0056
Stop 0057
M/red 005a
Text 005e
TV 005f
Upd 0061
Video/yellow 0063
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bisterfinnen wrote:
Could this info help me in any way?

Sorry. That is just another form of information we already had.

bisterfinnen wrote:

8000 0000 0002 0000 000D 01D9 00YZ 0000

8000 0000 0002 0000 just means that it is a UDB signal.

000D is the device type (TV, VCR, CBL, etc.). I forget which type 000D is, but obviously you know what type it is in the UDB.

01D9 is the OneForAll setup code number. 01d9 hex is 473 decimal, but you already knew the OneForAll setup code number was 0473.

00YZ is the position of the command in the data base's list of OBC numbers for that setup code. It says nothing about what the actual OBC is, just where the OBC is within the list.

The extra 0000 is just fill because Pronto Hex requires an even number of numbers.
bisterfinnen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier, in post #13 in this thread at RC, you suggested editing the xml. Would'nt that be possible in my case?

I've looked a little in the .xml file but i have'nt really learned how to find the string to edit and how to edit it. If you think this is a possible way to go maybe you can explain how to think and how to do?
bisterfinnen

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John & Rob,

I got a hold of a RU 980 (the european equivalent of the TSU 7000), Guess what, The codes in the UDB does'nt work with my TV either.

I guess youre right. These expensive remotes arent able to send these high speed unmodulated protocols.

Is there a possibility to send a modulated command that will fool my TV. The pulses in the modulated protocol must be way shorter than the 10 us that the actual bursts are in the ITT protocol?

Or... Should i just forget to ever be able to control my Nokia TV with a prontopro ng remote and send the TV out the window?

Warm Regards

A slightly frustraded Stefan
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: