JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Programming button press durations?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moontoad77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Programming button press durations? Reply with quote

I'm new to the group, and trying to digest all the info the your great website. Got my cable and tool working. Thanks to all who have contributed.

Sorry if this has been beat to death here, but I didn't see it. My philips receiver is turned on by holding the AUD button on the RCU810B for a couple of seconds. I've never figured out how to do this in a macro, and am wondering if the JP1 interface and tools allows specifying a transmit duration for a function. I don't know if holding a button normally just repeats a tranmitted code, or results in some unique code being sent. Any help?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the protocol being used, most protocols repeat the entire signal for as long as the button is held, but some change the signal slightly for the repeated portion.

To get extra duration for macros, you can either create a custom protocol which forces the minimum repeats to a number that you decide (this would be easy for an expert to do for you, once we know what setup code or upgrade you are using). Another option is to use the Device Combiner with Duration "special protocol".
Moontoad77

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Programming button press durations? Reply with quote

Don't understand it all yet, but now that I know it is possible, I will continue to dig into it. Hopefully, I can become JP1 literate. Thanks for the quick response.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Programming button press durations? Reply with quote

Moontoad77 wrote:
I've never figured out how to do this in a macro, ... Any help?
Rob's answer is, of course, correct, but a possible simple solution could be to place the command in question at the end of your macro sequence. Then, when you execute the macro and hold down the button, the last command in the sequence gets repeated.

This depends, of course, on the rest of your macro supporting sequencing your macro this way. If you've got other commands in the sequence that already require the receiver to be on, then this workaround won't help you.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: