JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade available for Sony RDR-HX900 recorder DVR?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aclinml

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Upgrade available for Sony RDR-HX900 recorder DVR? Reply with quote

I'm getting ready to purchase a Sony RDR-HX900. It is a DVD recorder that also acts like a TIVO. Does anyone out there have a upgrade already setup for this device? I couldn't locate one in the database.

Anybody already use one of these?

Mike
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read THIS? Not complying would risk your thread being locked by Rob, but he's on vacation. So you have a stay of execution. Regardless, you should comply.
aclinml

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

Sorry I did not catch this 'sticky' post earlier. Maybe this will fill the requirements;

1. Device: Sony RDR-HX900
2. Type of device: DVD recorder with DVR
3. JP1 Remote model: URC-7800
4. JP1 user? Yes
5. Still have original remote? Whenever I purchase it
6. Checked the file section? Yes
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
8. Partially working setup code? Don't know yet???????
9. Learning remote question? No

I am certainly NOT to lazy to do the learning and configuring if that is required. It's just my nature to plan ahead in everything I do.

Since I had already searched the file section, and did not find this upgrade I was more hoping that someone would tell me "I used the upgrade for 'model x' and it worked fine for me".

If no one has an upgrade, and or 'close' code to use, I will do the work to create one and post it to the upgrade section.

Thanks,
Mike
rhm5757
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the codes that are not unique to this device are on my website on the DVD page here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_dvd.htm. This should save you some time learning the codes. All the codes you don't find on my site you'll have to learn into your URC-7800, and when you create your upgrade I'll add the codes you learned to my website. You'll have to use the Sony Combo protocol, which can be tricky.

There's also a slim chance that this uses device codes other than the DVD codes, but it's unlikely. I've never had access to one though and couldn't find the codes on the web, so that's a possibility, however unlikely since most of the buttons are like the typical DVD buttons. If you find that the codes you learn don't use one of the device codes listed at the top of my page, you'll have to learn all the buttons on the original remote.
aclinml

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Sony DVD commands Reply with quote

Are the codes at the ' http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_dvd.htm' website hex commands or EFC codes?

Mike
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony DVD commands Reply with quote

aclinml wrote:
Are the codes at the Sony website hex commands or EFC codes?

Neither, they are decimal OBC codes.
rhm5757
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this thread has been bumped up.

Rob is of course correct, in that the codes on my site are OBC codes.

Hopefully this weekend I can learn the codes (finally found a source remote) that are specific to this device, and then I can make an upgrade, assuming Mike doesn't beat me to it.
aclinml

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Keymaster and multiple 'sub device' codes Reply with quote

I've gone ahead and learned all the signals from the RDR-HX900 remote. The protocol and Device codes are the same for all of the commands, but some commands use one sub-device code, and some commands use a different sub-device code. How do you program the upgrade in Keymaster with these different codes?

Mike
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're talking about the Sony20 protocol. The answer is you use the Sony Combo protocol.
aclinml

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Sony combo protocol Reply with quote

OK, bear with me, this is my first time trying to set up an upgrade.
The KM program is simple enough to use if every sub device was the same number. I'm still a little confused on what to code where for the multiple sub device codes.

FYI, all the codes decoded as SONY20 and DEVICE=26. Then for some commands the SUB DEVICE IS 11, and for others it is 250.

How do I enter these into the KM program.

Thanks,
Mike
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the KM protocol help page:
Quote:
Sony Combo (12/15/20):

This combo protocol allows you to combine as many Sony12 and
Sony15 codes as you like with up to 4 Sony20 codes. You enter the
codes for the functions in OBC format as usual. Then in the byte2
column you enter the Sony12 or Sony15 device code. For Sony20
functions, you need to enter the 8-bit subdevice code (0-255) in the
four device code cells in the Setup sheet. Then in the byte2 column
you need to enter a 1-digit number indicating which of those 4 sub-
devices you wish to use (1, 2, 3, or 4), followed by a space,
followed by the 5-bit main device code (0-31)

For Sony12/15 codes, the spreadsheet will treat device codes 0
thru 31 as Sony12, and codes 32 thru 255 as Sony15. However, if
you wish to explicitly specify which version you want, enter a "5"
for Sony12 and a "6" for Sony15, followed by a space, and then the
device code.

So select the Sony Combo (12/15/20) protocol, and you get a setup screen ASKING for up to four subdevices. (I'd post a screenshot of this, but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it Embarassed ) Enter the subdevices in the appropriate boxes and you're off to the races.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may find that this protocol, and other tricky ones, are easier to work with in RM.

In RM, you still need to select which of the Sony20 protocols to use (knowing or experimenting to find which ones support two subdevices). And you still need to enter the subdevices you need on the setup sheet. All that is just the same as in KM.

But having done that much in RM, you then have a more understandable UI on the functions sheet than you have in KM. (Using Excel as a programming language is limiting so KM can't match RM in customizing the UI of the functions sheet based on what is entered on the setup sheet).
aclinml

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Almost done Reply with quote

I have sucessfully got the upgrade to work, with both sub device codes. I have a little other tweeking to do, but I will post it to the upgrade pages when complete. All of my commands are using Command Mode 3 on the Sony remote.

Thanks for eveyone's help.
Mike
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Almost done Reply with quote

aclinml wrote:
All of my commands are using Command Mode 3 on the Sony remote.

Make sure that you mention that in the Notes portion of the upgrade file. Also, if you want to be extra helpful to the next person, you could determine what the device codes would be if you were using MODE1 or MODE2 and include this info in the notes also.
aclinml

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: KM file for this upgrade uploaded to FILES section Reply with quote

I have completed the upgrade and uploaded it to the file section. It used the remote codes learned from the MODE 3 device mode button on the remote. The KM file also contains several keymoves that I set up for my own use. These can be modified or removed if you like.

Mike Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: