JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Updating RDFs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Updating RDFs Reply with quote

Based on the concern for RDF integrity I just loaded ALL the RDF's in RM and found 3 with a load problem.

The URC-6960 which I just fixed so it will be OK in next distribution

The Scout which calls for a map and image that does not exist. Does anyone have a picture of it? For the time being I changed it to the generic map.

The KWRV (Kenwood R0905 INCOMPLETE).rdf which needs a lot of work

Also need to look closer at the ReplayTV RDF's since there seems to be duplicates. One set with a 7 digit signature (OEM3OEM) and a set with an 8 digit signature (OEM3OEM0, 1 and 2) and I am not sure which is correct or both maybe are OK
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Also need to look closer at the ReplayTV RDF's since there seems to be duplicates. One set with a 7 digit signature (OEM3OEM) and a set with an 8 digit signature (OEM3OEM0, 1 and 2) and I am not sure which is correct or both maybe are OK

The current RDF zip file just has the 3 RDFs with the 7-char sigs for the Replay remotes. Even though this remote has an 8-char sig, this was done on purpose. In reality there are 2 versions of the Replay remote and both have the exact same sig. Once you've selected the correct RDF, the RDF itself will force the sig to change to OEM3OEM1 or OEM3OEM2 (where OEM3OEM0 is the true sig).

The old RDFs with 8-char sigs are redundant.

The RDFs where setup like this with IR.exe in mind. From an RM POV, it makes no difference which RDF is used.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a small picture of the Scout from the UEI site. I'm sure I have a Scout at home somewhere, so I'll try and dig it up and take a picture of it.

Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob. I have been wanting to do a little clean up and this has forced me to.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're gonna be in all the RDFs anyway, could you make sure that they all have the Special Protocols code in them please?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If you're gonna be in all the RDFs anyway, could you make sure that they all have the Special Protocols code in them please?

Already did that for the supported ones. UDSM and ULKP plus all the extender ones.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
The Robman wrote:

Already did that for the supported ones. UDSM and ULKP plus all the extender ones.

Just thinking but I just realized that the only support I put in the RDF's for standalone Special Protocols was UDSM and ULKP since I think they are the only ones supported by IR for non-extended remotes.

So, is my thinking true or are there others I need to add.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall. I had even forgotten exactly how DSM was implemented!
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Just thinking but I just realized that the only support I put in the RDF's for standalone Special Protocols was UDSM and ULKP since I think they are the only ones supported by IR for non-extended remotes.

So, is my thinking true or are there others I need to add.

Code:
Multiplex=1FE

Can be added to both extended and non-extended remotes RDFs.

There are several other changes to some RDFs that I was thinking of posting a separate message for but have been forgetting to do so. I'll mention those here in case you feel like fixing them:
  1. Some TiVo extender RDFs still have old "xs-" style xshift button names. The latest D/TiVo extender has the ones with those plus a few other minor things fixed.
  2. The name of DTiVo remote is slightly wrong for the image and map files: RM-Y809 instead of RMT-V809.
  3. (This isn't really an RDF issue, though) in the .map file for RM-Y809, the TiVo button shape/coordinates are wrong. (it's overlapping with another button.)
  4. I forgot to include the one for 6131 1K extender Mike ported when I added the 6131nw image/map.
  5. I think the 6012 extender 3 RDF included in the RDF package is still an old one (shift button, timer settings addresses are different.) new one is here.

Hal
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hal

OK so lets make sure I have this straight. The Multiplex=01FE goes in EVERY RDF Correct? and is it 1FE or 01FE

ITEM #2: which one is correct for both the image and the RDF Y809 or V809?

ITEM #3: I can't find the problem with the RM-Y809 Map. I don't see the overlap.
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
The Multiplex=01FE goes in EVERY RDF Correct? and is it 1FE or 01FE

IR.exe grays out the selection if it doesn't exist in the configuration, so I think it's relatively harmless to put in in every RDF. What do YOU think?
I think either 1FE or 01FE should be fine.

Quote:
ITEM #2: which one is correct for both the image and the RDF Y809 or V809?
The model number in the RDF name itself is correct. The .jpg and .map file names and the line referring to the .map file are wrong.
RM-Y809 is the correct model number.

BTW, it may sound confusing, but the standalone TiVo remote model number: RMT-V303 is correct, and you don't have to touch it.

Quote:
ITEM #3: I can't find the problem with the RM-Y809 Map. I don't see the overlap.
Sorry, I was wrong saying "overlap". I just thought it was because I didn't see the yellow shape on the TiVo button (the one just above the up arrow button that just looks like a decoration). The shape/coordinates that are currently named "TiVo" in the .map file should be "Delimiter", which is currently missing in the .map file and currently placed in the phantom button area in RM. The entry for "TiVo" is actually missing.

Thanks,
Hal
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hal

I fixed items #2 and #3 (TiVo) and will add the Multiplex=01FE to all RDF's for the next distribution of the RDF's, maps and images.

By the way, I added Pause to the SP section in the RDF's that we have a pause protocol for.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added the Multiplex to all RDF's, Pause protocol to remotes that we have a pause for, added UDSM and ULDKP for standalone SP's for remotes we have them for, I sorted the entries in the [SpecialProtocols] section. (May sound like a nit but it is much nicer when they appear in order in the IR SP tab).

I have also done a few other things like added a map and image for the Scout, fixed the image and map name for the Sony DirectTivo, corrected the names for the Motorola remote RDF's, every thing else Hal asked for, and a few other things.

So, I am ready for another distribution but first I want to make sure I got everything so shoot away at things you think need to be done or fixed in the RDF's, maps and images. If I don't hear anything I will post the new files tomorrow.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you adding the "Custom ModeName" protocol to the SP list in those RDFs where it would apply?

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
I have added the Multiplex to all RDF's, Pause protocol to remotes that we have a pause for, added UDSM and ULDKP for standalone SP's for remotes we have them for, I sorted the entries in the [SpecialProtocols] section. (May sound like a nit but it is much nicer when they appear in order in the IR SP tab).

I have also done a few other things like added a map and image for the Scout, fixed the image and map name for the Sony DirectTivo, corrected the names for the Motorola remote RDF's, every thing else Hal asked for, and a few other things.

So, I am ready for another distribution but first I want to make sure I got everything so shoot away at things you think need to be done or fixed in the RDF's, maps and images. If I don't hear anything I will post the new files tomorrow.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think CustomModeName was directly supported in the SP tab of IR so there was no sense in adding it to the RDF's.

However, I just did and experiment and added it to the RDF and it does work but it is no easier than creating a regular keymove since you still have to determine the hex string and enter it in the hex box of the SP pulldown. In some regards it is easier and atleast all the SP's are in the same place so I will leave it in the RDF's. The good part is that it does also move the existing ones to the SP tab so they stand out as an SP instead of a regular keymove.

We will have to consider getting the alpha to hex conversion built into the SP routine of IR if it is not too difficult. May be hard to justify the effort for 2 remotes

EDIT: I called it CusModeName since it didn't fit in the window spelled out
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: