JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

source for Kameleon motion sensor?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: source for Kameleon motion sensor? Reply with quote

I'm trying to find where I can buy the motion sensor in the Kameleon. Any assistance appreciated.
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.mouser.com, www.digikey.com, www.alliedelec.com, www.newark.com and probably more.
Jim
TimH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jherrick wrote:
www.mouser.com, www.digikey.com, www.alliedelec.com, www.newark.com and probably more.
Jim

Since your sure they are widely available perhaps you could provide a part number or something?
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Since your sure they are widely available perhaps you could provide a part number or something?

Hmmm. Perhaps you've never heard the expression that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar?

I would have thought you would go to the websites I suggested and perhaps had a look for yourself, but you want everyone to do your work for you? That's not usually the way things work here on this forum.

Regardless of the tone of your response, I will give you a clue. The "motion sensor" is actually a switch. A tilt switch, to be exact. So go forth, search, and be happy.

And maybe next time, try to be a little more polite when asking for help. If you were simply wondering if anyone had done such a search before, you should have probably searched the forum first, then asked *that* question if you couldn't find the answer.
Jim
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tim,
To give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe your tone wasn't intended, but the danger of words on the screen is that tone can certainly be implied. If you go back and read your previous post, it does come across as snippy.

We're quite sensitive around these parts to people jumping in wanting us to do all the work for them. The reason for this is that we're a very helpful bunch and we do do alot of work to help beginners get up and running, and sometimes people try to take advantage of that.

Bottom line, if we see that the poster has made some effort to help themselves first, we'll usually do the rest for them.
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember the motion sensor zip file in the sticky has a couple replacement part #.
TimH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to seem snippy, or lame and lazy.

If I had anything to go on I'd be more than happy to find it myself. I don't have a Kameleon to check out. I don't know a part number or mfg for that specific sensor. I have a need for a motion sensor for a different type project that seems to be along the lines of the hyper sensitivity described here for the Kameleon. It seemed like a simple thing to inquire about any details of that specific sensor.

I did d/l Tommy Tyler's doc on the 9960. I even checked out data sheets hoping to find that specific sensor by matching the physical characteristics provided from Tyler's doc. To this point I have been unsuccessfull. If anyone has any details about that specific sensor I'd appreciate the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: