JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is there any EASY way to get Built-IN code information?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob_m

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Is there any EASY way to get Built-IN code information? Reply with quote

Is there an easy way to get the decrypted signal information and button location from a built in CODE?

Either I'm missing something in IR or there is no way to get the built in info out of the remote EASILY.

Reason: TV and VCR codes are in remote but not all buttons are present and/or not where I want them.

I can learn all the function and make my own update, but I was hoping to save a few steps Smile
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any EASY way to get Built-IN code information? Reply with quote

bob_m wrote:

Either I'm missing something in IR or there is no way to get the built in info out of the remote EASILY.

For the built-in setup codes of the 15-1994, there is a spreadsheet (devices4.xls) that gives you all that data. Look there first in case the setup code you want is also built-in on the 15-1994.

Also look for existing upgrades for your brand and type of device, which generally have better data than the built-in setup code.

But there is no easy way to do what you're asking for in bulk.

For individual hex commands, you can use the KeyMove (command 994) on the remote itself to copy keys from one device mode to another, then download to IR.EXE and look at the keymoves to see the hex commands.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way to get information on the built in codes in IR, easy, hard, or otherwise. IR only talks to the EEPROM in the remote; the built in codes are not stored there.

Your best bet would be to do as John says, and look for an upgrade file for a similar model as a starting point, or see if the setup code is listed in devices4.xls, which lists the information for an RS 15-1994.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: