JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RemoteMaster - RDFs, maps, and images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinkrdp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: RemoteMaster - RDFs, maps, and images Reply with quote

Trying Ext3 2K for 8810/8010/6012 RM 1.04 and 1.08. When I select "URC-801x x3 2K" for the Remote, the Layout tab displays a 601x image. I have downloaded the latest RDFs and have them in a separate directory. The images and maps are correct in the images directory under RM. The RDF does contain several names and the RDF spec states that the ImageMap entries need to be in the same order as the name... Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,
Ronnie

RDF info:
File Name: 6_80_2x3 (URC-881x_801x_601x x3 2K).rdf
RDF entries:
Name=Extender 3 2K URC-6011,6012,8011,8811
ImageMap=URC-6011.map,URC-6012.map,URC-8011.map,URC-8811.map
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the extender RDF from the extender zip file or the one from the RDF zip file?

The current RDF from RDF zip file has this for the imagemap

ImageMap=URC-8811.map,URC-8011.map,URC-6011.map

so I suspect you have an old RDF since this is the correct order and would fix the symptom you have
pinkrdp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,
Thanks. I do have the latest RDF, I was just doing some testing and got a modified list in my post. I did find the problem though! In the RM images directory, the URC-8011.JPG is actually a 6011... The map is slightly different, but basically the same. So I need an accurate 8011 map and jpg. After making changes, you have to clear java cache to see new images too.
Thanks again,
Ronnie
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the RDF and maps and images distribution and they are correct for the 80x. Make sure you have version 1.17 of both. Since you are having problems I would delete all the RDF's, maps and images before extracting the new ones.

And you are correct, you do need to either clear the Java cache or close and reopen RM to see new images and maps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: