JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New URC-6012w not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwestall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: New URC-6012w not working Reply with quote

My C6 just died so I picked up a new 6012w at Walmart today. I noticed the device codes were the same as the ones used on my C6. I first programmed the TV, no problem. I then tried to program the VCR. It appears to have accepted the code but nothing works. I tried all the codes for my brand (Hitachi) and nothing works. I tried the DVD (Sony) and got the same problem. Any button I press under VCR or DVD and the LED just blinks real quick, then a 3 second delay and a long blink.

Any ideas?

I tried Resetting the Device Key and Restoring Factory Defaults and still nothing works. I am able to copy buttons from the TV device to the VCR device.

Thanks,
David
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like weak batteries to me.
dwestall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was it! Sorry, I thought the batteries were new. I'm glad I didn't try to return it Confused

Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the unlikely even that you came across a sales guy that knew something about remotes when you tried to return it, it would've been kinda funny if he just changed the batteries in front of you to prove that the remote works! Smile

Good job you checked here first, eh?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
it would've been kinda funny if he just changed the batteries in front of you to prove that the remote works! Smile

It's Walmart.
I've seen the return desk at Circuit City domonstrate to a customer that a product wasn't actually deffective (they were obviously right). I've seen CompUSA insist a product wasn't deffective and refuse the return (when they were obviously in the wrong). I've never seen Walmart make the slightest effort to contradict a customer in a return situation. Often they ask why you're returning it. But I've seen people give obviously incorrect statements as the reason for the return and the Walmart employee never comments on that.

In this case that would have been unfortunate because David is better off keeping his 6012w than having a no hassle return.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: