JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The rdf dosen't work for OneForAll URC-9960B01
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhamerton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Problems with URC-9966B00 Reply with quote

This thread is a couple of years old and I don't see any solutions. But I am having the very same problem. I suspect thet there is no EXACT RDF for this remote. It is the same as the 9960 but is RF. If help is available I can upload a raw download. Is there any help on building your own RDF files?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem was not caused by a different version of the remote itself, it was caused by a different brand of EEPROM chip being used which IR.exe had a problem reading, the net result being that the data was wrapped around by a few bytes, which in turn caused null data to be where the signature what supposed to be.

IR was fixed to handle this a long time back. What version number of IR.exe are you using?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, you may not have noticed, but he changed the subject and claims to have a 9966B00. Have we heard of this remote before?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never look at the subject lines on individual posts, so no, I didn't notice it, but if he's really seeing the same error as the one posted earlier in this thread (ie, blanks where the signature should be), it's the problem that was resolved earlier.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9966 is Canadian version of the RF 9964.
mhamerton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using IR6.20, let me know where to post the raw data if you need to see it.
mhamerton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it matters, but my sudden reason for switching from the URC-9911 (canadian version of the 9910) is due to the 9911 being discontinued in Canada. I have set up roughly 100-200 9911's in the last few years, and find it to be the best remote for less than $600. The 9966 is a little hard to get used to, not sure if I would want a remote that I couldn't feel the buttons on. I have spoken with my suppliers and there is no immediate replacement coming for the 9911.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhamerton wrote:
I am using IR6.20, let me know where to post the raw data if you need to see it.

Put it in the Diagnosis Area folder in the file section (there's a link at the top of this page).

mhamerton wrote:
Not sure if it matters, but my sudden reason for switching from the URC-9911 (canadian version of the 9910) is due to the 9911 being discontinued in Canada. I have set up roughly 100-200 9911's in the last few years, and find it to be the best remote for less than $600. The 9966 is a little hard to get used to, not sure if I would want a remote that I couldn't feel the buttons on. I have spoken with my suppliers and there is no immediate replacement coming for the 9911.

I can get you more URC-9910 remotes if you need them, but they would be coming from the USA, so I don't know if it would be worth it after the customs folks have taken their cut.
mhamerton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Data posted Reply with quote

I have uploaded the file as "raw download from URC9966.ir ". Is there any tutorials on how to create an RDF??
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post a link to the file or chance are that nobody will look at it.

I am making enquiries with OFA about the URC-9910/9911 to see if there is a source for it in Canada. I'll keep you posted.
mhamerton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Raw ir file location Reply with quote

the ir file is at: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4130
mhamerton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: How to create an RDF file Reply with quote

I don't see any replies to my question regarding creation of RDF files. I would like to try this if there is any information.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I have answers to both of these, but there are two questions here:

The first, is "what do the lines in the RDF mean", which is covered by the RDF spec.

The second, and much more difficult, is where do you get all of that stuff that's in the RDF. The answer is that there are lots of different places where you find out the key numbers, what is in the EEPROM, which protocols are in the remote, which keys are valid for which devices, etc. It's not trivial and there are some things that I still haven't figured out
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need a new RDF, I looked at your file and can confirm that this is another example of the data wrapping around, just like the issue discussed earlier in this thread. The data that should be at address $0000 starts at address $0F02. The data that does appear at address $0000 should really be at address $00FE.

I can also confirm that your remote uses the standard URC-9960B01 RDF (the 8-byte signature ended up at address $0F04).

If you want to learn how to build an RDF, the best I can suggest is that you read the RDF3 spec which is distributed in the IR zip file and use it to understand the RDFs that already exist.

There are a few items in each RDF that we're not at liberty to explain, so you'll always need some expert help to complete a new RDF.
mhamerton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob,

So where do I make this modification?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: