JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with IR.exe on a laptop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Problem with IR.exe on a laptop Reply with quote

I'm on the road on a business trip and I brought my old laptop with me hoping to mess around with JP1 while here, but I've run into a snag.

I'm trying to use IR 5.09 but it gets "no response from remote", same story with 4.02. I just happened to have a really old beta version of IR (2.10, I think) on this computer and that one is able to download from the remote with no problems.

What gives?

I've checked the port settings and it's the same on the new IR as it is on the old IR.

Any ideas?
Filebug
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try uploading a blank image with the old IR and/or do a 981 reset to the remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a problem with the remote, I've done many 981s on it, there's something going on with the software. I can download whenever I chose using the ancient IR, but not using the new IR.

I seem to remember that this has been brought up before, but I never paid attention to what came of the discussion as it's not my area. So hopefully someone who was involved can remember what came of it and help me out here. The ancient IR doesn't have an RDF for the URC-8811 that I'm using and I can't be bothered to make one in the old style for it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
bump

Some people are just sooo impatient!!! Wink

...wishing there was an FAQ to refer you to Surprised

You're using that original powered interface, correct? And you've tried all the various combinations of batteries, no batteries, etc?

Most interface problems reported are with the Simple and usually end up having to do with the resisitor values and/or diode type. The voltage mismatch tends to be more prevalent on laptops, but your powered interface shouldn't be affected by that (at least I wouldn't think so).

Is the printer port properly enabled in BIOS and the OS? Are there any special printer drivers being loaded that might interfere?

As you can probably tell, I'm just thinking out loud here... Wink
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'm using a regular Simple interface. I understand the problems that used to occur with the original Simple design, but in this case, the thing that's throwing me off is the fact that the old IR.exe can communicate with the remote no problem, it's just the newer versions that are having a hard time.

It happens with the old 4.02 version that I also have on this machine, so it doesn't have anything to do with the new code that Paul's added, it's obviously caused by some change that occurred somewhere between 2.10 and 4.03
e34m5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew...At least this time I'm innocent. The only person who may know about this is Mark Pauker/........ Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: