JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC 8910: Panasonic TV input switching, I can't get one code
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many TVs will switch to the TV input when they see a Ch+ or CH-. Have you tried that?

Also, when you cycle through the inputs using the OEM remote, what order do they cycle in. Maybe you could use a macro to achieve what you want. For example, Video 3;TV/Video might do the job.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! Very Happy Thanks to all, not only for the information how to get a replacement for the discrete TV-tuner code, but also how to go about it. Additionally, I've learned one minor detail: know your equipment before trying to teach the poor remote! I apologize for not grasping , at first, the CH+CH- and the Video4 methods. It just seemed to weird to consider.

Jon:
Interesting info about Panasonic use of codes. That's useful to me because I have several other Panasonic items to code. Incidentally, I think there are two known POWER codes floating around for their receivers. For me, one works one doesn't.

I have to retract what I wrote earlier how, in the macro, Power/Discrete power played a role in switching to TV tuner. The facts are in way: It was the channel selection which I do at power up. Bottom line: now things work precisely as I want, I gained a phantom key back, to fool around with, and gained several keymove bytes.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantoms aren't the only place to store functions that you don't need direct access to, you could also store them on shifted keys, especially shifted keys in seldom used device modes. Granted, this would give you direct access to the function, but it doesn't mean you have to use it! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: