JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Protocol needed for Remote of Digiality Sat-Receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgireesan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Protocol needed for Remote of Digiality Sat-Receiver Reply with quote

Hallo!

I have a new Digiality VC-CI-304 Sat Receiver. When I try to learn the codes in my URC-8910 I don't have a problem. But on Downloading the learned signals in IR.exe, I find the learned signals do not have a protocol at all.

Instead, all I have (for each learned signal) is just a frequency (approx. 38 K) and a number sequence under "sent repeatedly". A dump of the learned signals can be found under

http://www.zweckstetter.de/Digiality_VC_CI_304.IR

Of course, I couldn't learn all the commands on the remote control, as my 8910 ran out of memory, but I guess I captured about 75% of the commands on the original remote.

I am not sure how to proceed here. Should I use the protocol builder or protocol analyzer? Any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards

G.Ramaswamy
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at your file and all the learned commands are decoded as the Proton protocol device=1. For example, the numerals 1 through 0 decode as OBC's 0 through 9. A few commands show a gap decode and also with the correct Proton decoding. So, just ignore the gap decode information.

Did you disable decodeIR in the advanced menu by any chance?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert, but a quick look at your file shows perfectly normal learns and decodes across the board. All of your signals decode to Proton Protocol, Device 1 with appropriate OBC/EFC/Hex decodes for each of your learned signals.

I would check (1) is DecodeIR.dll in the right directory for IR to find and use, or (2) a silly possible problem may be that in the learned signals diplay, you may have the column widths set so narrow that the decode information is simply not displaying.

I'm not smart enough to post a screen capture, but you can vary the width of each display column in most IR screens, including the learned signal decode area, simply by clicking and dragging the "seam" between column headings. It is possible for entire columns to "disappear" if the "seams" are all dragged on top of one another.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, there is also a device upgrade in the files for a Digiality VC-CI 104 that uses the Audiovox protocol that is similar to Proton (and will decode as Proton). That device upgrade appears to have the same commands that you learned. Use that (make sure you change to the URC-8910) as a basis for you device upgrade.
rgireesan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Thanks for your prompt replies. The dll file is in the same directory as ir.exe. And no, I didn't disable the .dll file anywhere in IR.exe.

I don't think the column widths could be the reason here. I have a screen resolution > 1024x 768 and am very sure that the columns were ok.

Anyway, I will try to copy the dll into the winows system directory and try again.

Thank you once again

G.Ramaswamy
rgireesan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Jon, I did take a look at the VC_CI_104 file before posting here. But somehow I had the impression that the functions used there were slightly different. Now that you have pointed out the similarities, I will look at it again.

Thanks.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Protocol needed for Remote of Digiality Sat-Receiver Reply with quote

rgireesan wrote:
But on Downloading the learned signals in IR.exe, I find the learned signals do not have a protocol at all.

On the Advanced menu in IR, make sure that Disable DecodeIR.dll is not checked. The internal decoder doesn't decode those signals, but DecodeIR.dll does. As Jon pointed out, they're all Proton, Device=1.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screen resolution has nothing to do with the column sizing, but if you can actually read the column headings, then that is not the problem. If they would be sized too narrow, as I posited, you wouldn't even be able to read the column heading names ("Protocol", "Device", 'Sub-Device", "OBC", etc.).

Well, in the interest of getting you the decode info, here's what you have (as previously mentioned, all are Proton Protocol and Device=1):

OBC/function
0/1
1/2
2/3
3/4
4/5
5/6
6/7
7/8
8/9
9/0
10/ch+,up
11/ch-,down
12/right
13/left
14/menu
15/power
16/L4
19/Guide
20/L1
23/L2
24/TV-Vid
25/Select
26/Enter
30/L3
31/Stop
rgireesan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo everybody,

The .dll was missing after all / it seems to have disappeared once I restored the system state from a previous backup. Now I was able to decode the captured signals and reprogram my URC. Thanks for everybody"s help.

Regards

G.Ramaswamy

P.S. Perhaps a FAQ for ir.exe and the excel-file would be useful, with the FAQ listing most common problems new users would face. Or perhaps I should start writing one Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: