JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Error downloading from remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim978

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Error downloading from remote Reply with quote

Got this error trying to download into RMIR 2.03 build 14 from a stock Time Warner branded Atlas OCAP 1056B01. Following the instructions, I did a raw download and saved the file. The error message said to post the saved file to this (the software) board, but I can't figure out how to post (attach?) the file.

Sorry if the file post function is right there in front of me and I just don't see it.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the way is to upload the file in the file section 'Diagnostic', then to link to that in a post here in the forum
Jim978

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: File Uploaded Reply with quote

tranx ... Thanks!

Here's a link to the file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13983
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The raw file contains only zeros. So in this case we need to see the rmaster.err file.
Jim978

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Problem Solved (?)! Reply with quote

3FG,

Thanks for checking the file. Hearing that it contained only zeros gave me an idea (one I had considered earlier, but wasn't sure I should try).

I have another 1056B01 that was not giving me the downloading error, so I downloaded from that one then uploaded that data to the remote that generated the all zeros file. The upload took, and the everything in RMIR looks just as it should.

Perhaps this remote will act up again some day, but for now there's nothing to fix.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: