JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 stopped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanpoyser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: JP1 stopped working Reply with quote

This is really bugging me. Here's the problem. I have a simple cable (with pins 18-25 joined) which I have regularly used both for my Kameleon (URC 8060) and my girlfriends One-For-All (URC 7562) with no problems, from 2 different PCs.

Yesterday I decided to upgrade the URC 8060 from my laptop (Sony VAIO) with a new DVD upgrade I'd created for my Kameleon. Connected cable to laptop and URC6060 ran IR.exe version 3.12, just to check all was well I selected download from remote and to my surprise I got the error "Did not receive a response (acknowledgement) ..." etc.

Oh well I thought I'll use the PC as I usually do. Unfortunately this now gave the same error. So I did a 981 reset thinking maybe the laptop had somehow messed up the remote, this did not help. I went home to check the cable with my Kameleon, no problems there.

I have now upgraded to the latest IR.exe and the error parameters are ErrNo = 6, Param = 0.

So that my problem, any help would be appreciated, I've tried all the obvious and I'm now at a loss (and my girlfriend is going to kill me 'cos I've now reset her remote!!).

Please help

Sean
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you make the JP1 cable yourself? If you did, did you use 1k resistors and a Schottky diode?

Also, the Simple interface is very sensitive to voltage issues. I assume from your message that you've tried using it both WITH and WITHOUT batteries in the remote. Normally, I would next ask you to try it with just 3 out of 4 batteries in the remote, and I'd tell you how to do that, but IIRC the URC 7562 only has 2 batteries.
seanpoyser

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did make the cable myself about 6 months ago so I can't remember the parts I used, but like I said it did use to work and then stopped working but only from certain PCs.

As you say I think it must be a voltage issue. I did try it with batteries which were fairly flat as well as fairly new batteries, but that didn't help.

I have since used the cable successfully with the 7562 from a different PC.

I should point out that to use the cable with the Kameleon I've always had to use quite flat batteries.

Do you think building a new cable with the parts you mention help?

Thanks for the help

Sean
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to say, not knowing what parts you used. For remotes that use 4 batteries, one trick is to reverse one of them, just to do the download/upload, then switch it back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: