JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sharp LC-32LE351EBK HDMI1 input
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halback

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Sharp LC-32LE351EBK HDMI1 input Reply with quote

1. Device:Sharp LC-32LE351EBK
2. Type of device:TV LCD
3. Year:2013
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:URC-6440 R01
5. Do you have a JP1 cable?No
6. Still have original remote?Yes
7. Checked the file section?Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?Yes
9. Partially working setup code?1659
10. Learning remote question?Yes
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool?Yes(but can't find my remote)

Hi,

i'm searching a discrete code for the HDMI1 input with no luck.

I have try the setup code 1659 with 512 combinaisons (0-255/device1-device17).

Does this mean these TV had no discrete input and i'm searching for nothing or must i try with other setup code and/or different protocol ?

Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've proved your TV has no discretes (no surprise there since it's a Sharp). No need to try any different codes if the setup code really does partially work. For your next TV, get a different brand if you want discretes.

For now, enabling HDMI control may do the input switching automatically. Or make a macro that uses the input command and arrows or numbers to pick HDMI 1. Starting with CH+ on some models will get you to a consistent starting point.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that you're not a JP1 user, but if you were, you could probably load the extender for this remote and then use a tool called ToadTog which would let your remote keep track of which input is being used. But be aware that this is fairly advanced stuff, so it would take some reading and learning to set up.
Halback

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your tips.

I have make a "special fonction" to commute my TV on HDMI1 when using my external media player (assigned to the DVD button), something like that :

TV;AV;4;BACK;DVD (using BACK to speed up the switch)

and assigne it to the AV buttton of the DVD device.

++
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you didn't find Evil K mode. That is good. I always skipped a certain OBC on device 1 because of Evil K mode in some older tvs.

My 2010 Cheap Sharp 19 inch TV has discrete on/off and all the discrete inputs. But I just went through all the upgrades looking for discrete inputs, and Sharp is all over the place. Thy also use devices 3 and 30 for some functions.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to Rob's remark, since you have a URC-6440, no JP1 cable is needed to install the extender or to use RMIR to manage your remote. You would use a micro USB cable to interface RMIR to Windows/Mac computers via USB. The US sister model OARUSB04G also can use a similar extender.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... per Vicky's comment, sounds like you need to try devices 3 and 30 as well.

I assume you tried these as well:
http://files.remotecentral.com/library/3-1/sharp/lcd_television/index.html
(convert to OBC with IRScrutinizer)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13930
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11595
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16443&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

When you tried every possible code (0-255) did you find other working commands? If not, then your procedure was incorrect.

Last edited by mdavej on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halback

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have testing all the 512 combinaisons but my TV never enter in evil k mode or service mode. Perhaps it's not implemented.

So i will try device 3/30 and avoid OBC 64/119/235 just in case.

If i have no more luck il will take a look at the extender methode.

Thanks
Halback

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Hmm... per Vicky's comment, sounds like you need to try devices 3 and 30 as well.

I assume you tried these as well:
http://files.remotecentral.com/library/3-1/sharp/lcd_television/index.html
(convert to OBC with IRScrutinizer)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13930
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11595

Yes, I used IRTOOL to convert these codes but it took me a moment to find where was the OBC code ! Thanks for IRScrutinizer.

mdavej wrote:
When you tried every possible code (0-255) did you find other working commands? If not, then your procedure was incorrect.

No only those on my original remote. Perhaps your are right and it would explain why i never enter service mode. lol 512 wrong tests.

What i did : assign OBC 1-41 to the 41 buttons of the remote, test it, then OBC 42-82 ...

Hum there's a pb with the SkipBack-Rewind/SkipFwd-FastFwd i didn't notice that i have only 39 buttons on my remote Sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halback wrote:
mdavej wrote:

No only those on my original remote. Perhaps your are right and it would explain why i never enter service mode. lol 512 wrong tests.

What Dave meant was, if you tested all 256 codes under each device code, you would have hit all the known functions too, but it sounds like you did.

Halback wrote:
What i did : assign OBC 1-41 to the 41 buttons of the remote, test it, then OBC 42-83 ...

I've never used a URC-6440 so I don't know for certain if this feature is in it, but with most JP1 remotes you can test an EFC without assigning it to a button, you just tap the SETUP button then you type in the EFC code. If that works on your remote, that would be a lot quicker than programming 41 buttons and then testing them.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, there is another step to do since you can't use an OBC directly. You must enter the OBC in Remote Master in the OBC column then use the calculated EFC. For example, in your posted upgrade, using Denon Combo, OBC 20, Device 1 for the Vol+ function is EFC 59666. That's the number you need to use, if you loaded that upgrade.

I have no idea what the correct EFCs are for setup code 1659 would be. But if you actually ran across all the other functions, you did it correctly. I'm not sure how you varied the device though.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV/1659 uses the Denon Combo (PID: $009C) which doesn't use any fixed data, so the device code and OBC code are both built into the EFC5 code.

So, bottom line, you can use the same EFCs with TV/1659 that you can use with any other Denon Combo setup code.
Halback

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Also, there is another step to do since you can't use an OBC directly. You must enter the OBC in Remote Master in the OBC column then use the calculated EFC. For example, in your posted upgrade, using Denon Combo, OBC 20, Device 1 for the Vol+ function is EFC 59666. That's the number you need to use, if you loaded that upgrade.

I have no idea what the correct EFCs are for setup code 1659 would be. But if you actually ran across all the other functions, you did it correctly. I'm not sure how you varied the device though.

I changed the OBCs codes in RM as you say, the EFC5/EFC/Hex columns are updated themselves.
Then i saved and uploaded the .rmir file in the remote with RM.

The Robman wrote:

've never used a URC-6440 so I don't know for certain if this feature is in it, but with most JP1 remotes you can test an EFC without assigning it to a button, you just tap the SETUP button then you type in the EFC code. If that works on your remote, that would be a lot quicker than programming 41 buttons and then testing them.

I remember doing something like that by the past with another (very old) One For All Remote with it's "Magic" key and some 99x codes.
I will try that. Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halback wrote:
I remember doing something like that by the past with another (very old) One For All Remote with it's "Magic" key and some 99x codes. I will try that. Thanks.

The 99x commands are used to assign EFCs to buttons and various other permanent assignments. What I am suggesting is to tap the SETUP (MAGIC) button and then type the EFC, with no 99x command. If you need to "hold" the button down, hold the last digit of the EFC.

With your old remotes, you would likely have used 3 digit EFCs whereas for this remote you can only use 5 digit EFCs.
Halback

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
With your old remotes, you would likely have used 3 digit EFCs whereas for this remote you can only use 5 digit EFCs.

Yes, only 3 digits for what i remember. So if i need to type 5 numbers for each test on the remote i prefer stay with RM.

What about assigning 39x4 OBC on my four device to speed these tests ?
Can i clone the TV/1659 on the 3 other devices and renumber to, for examples, TV/1660, TV/1661, TV/1662 ?

Does it will work or codes will come into conflicts ?

++

I tried : 0-255 (except 64/119/235) with device3/device30.

Nothing works on device3, some OBCs work on device30 but nothing new.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: