JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arris VMS-1100/Motorola QIP power codes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Arris VMS-1100/Motorola QIP power codes? Reply with quote

I'm assuming they don't exist otherwise I would have found them in a quick search, but I just figured I would ask. Working on an upgrade for an Arris VMS-1100 which is a Verizon FiOS box, uses VZ P265v5 remote and same codes as a Motorola QIP box (so I cheated and started with an upgrade for a Motorola FiOS box which seems to work fine, I just have to learn a few buttons) neither the upgrade I found nor any info online that I've found has discrete power codes however. Am guessing that they do not exist? Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, they probably don't, but I think I posted in one of your other threads about how you can search for them yourself. Search on the device, that is, not on the internet.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did, and I may do that. However, it may take me a good long while to get to it as I have a bunch of upgrades that I need to make. SWMBO has stated that it would be so great if I could program one remote for both the 2-channel stereo and the A/V system in the living room, but to do that I'm going to have to pick away at this one device at a time, and there are a LOT of devices that I don't see upgrades for. Fortunately in this instance I was able to pretty much take an existing upgrade and tune it up very slightly and rename it because VZ uses the same codes consistently it would appear. Going to try to keep on this and make a new upgrade every time I have a few hours of downtime... then of course I will be asking more dumb questions about how to make it all work seamlessly as I'm coming from Harmony land where I don't have to think about such things as much.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve never seen a cable box with discrete power codes. Only satellite boxes have them. Given the minuscule power savings, may as well just leave it on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: