JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with Apex device upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johann83

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Problem with Apex device upgrade Reply with quote

I've been recently trying to get an old 15-1993 remote upgraded for my parents to control their new Apex TV. I learned a few buttons from the OEM remote and found that the protocol etc. matched an upgrade that was on the Yahoo site. So I downloaded this upgrade, changed the button assignments a little and programmed it into the 1993 (using the RDF from the 1994 and selecting 1994 in KM, as suggested by Rob in this thread). Of course, I don't have easy access to the TV so the next time I was at my parents place, I tried it out and to my dismay it didn't work at all.

So I decided to learn the keys from the upgrade back to my 15-2103 to verify that they were correct. The original upgrade is NEC1, device 64 (same as TV/0156) but the learned signals come up in IR as RCA, device 15. Also, there are duplicate entries in the top box of the learned signals tab, so I thought maybe the 1993 wasn't working correctly. I tried the reverse operation (i.e. added the upgrade to the 2103 and learned to the 1993) but I received the same result. It doesn't seem like just a learning/decoding problem though, since the upgrade does not control the actual device.

I have posted the saved IR file from the 2103 in the diagnosis area. This file has the upgrade installed (TV/1156) and the signals learned from the same upgrade in the 1993. The number keys from the upgrade in the 1993 have been learned to the Aux device in this image. If anyone here could take a look at it and perhaps provide some insight as to where I went wrong, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Matt
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I noticed about your IR file is that IR complains that the checksum is incorrect. If your 1993 file has the same problem, the remote will ignore the EEPROM and will revert to a set of default devices. In the 1994, the default TV device is TV/0047, which uses the RCA protocol.

You might try doing a 981 reset on the remote, downloading the image into IR, pasting in the upgrade, and then uploading. Go through the motions of assigning the TV button to TV/1156 on the remote and see if it rejects or accepts the setup code. If it accepts it, then try learning to he 2103 and see if you get better results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: