JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete on/off for PS3?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bac0nfat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Discrete on/off for PS3? Reply with quote

I'm trying to program my Xsight touch with a macro to simply turn everything off. I was able to successfully turn off my PS3 by programming it like this:

PS
Down
Down
Cross
Cross

...with the appropriate pauses in between. However, that's not a really good way to do it, because if the PS3 is already off, that macro will simply turn it on. Or, if there is not an application running, there will be no "quit" option in the menu, resulting in turning off the controller, rather than the PS3.

I'm sure there has to be a much better way of doing this, am I missing something?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make PS3 Off its own macro and leave it out of your Master Off activity. Then after Master Off, leave the remote in a particular device mode, on whose first page (or hard button) you've put your PS3 macro. Make a 2nd macro or extra command or two for the special case of no app running. Takes 2 button presses, but beats the alternative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: